Burglars steal 20k designer clothing haul in Cambridgeshire break-in
- Credit: Archant
Burglars have stolen a haul of designer clothing worth more than £20,000 after breaking into a house in Cambridgeshire.
The thieves forced their way into the property in Harston High Street at some point between 10pm on Monday and 7am on Tuesday.
They made off with a range of designer clothing including Armani jeans, Hugo Boss belts, Paul Smith jackets, 160 Ralph Lauren and Christian Dior T-shirts and 15 pairs of Gienchi leopard print sneakers – valued at £125 each.
Cambridgeshire police said the victim, who owns a shop in Cambridge, has been left “devastated”.
Detective Sergeant Sarah Gaylor said: “I am appealing for witnesses to this high-value burglary as someone out there will know who did this.
You may also want to watch:
“They caused a lot of damage and would have used a car to carry the goods away.
“We have released an image of the Gienchi shoes as they are extremely rare and not likely to be sold in the eastern region.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
“We are taking this crime very seriously and are keen to catch those responsible.
“I would urge anyone with information or who saw anything suspicious in the early hours on Tuesday to contact us. You may be offered these items for sale and, again, I’d urge you to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact DS Gaylor on non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.