Building evacuated after gas leak at Royston chemical factory
- Credit: Archant
A gas leak caused a building to be evacuated at a chemical factory yesterday (Tuesday).
Two fire engines were called to Johnson Matthew chemical plant on Orchard Road, Royston at around 4pm.
The building had been evacuated after an employee discovered the leak during a routine experiment in a laboratory.
A spokesman for the company said: “An employee noticed a small gas leak and so the building was evacuated and the emergency services were called as is standard procedure in this instance.
“No one was injured in the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Police and ambulance crews were informed but did not attend the scene which was declared over by 4.45pm.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn