Brush with success for dance school owner Penny
A DANCE school will be offering a wider range of teaching after moving into new premises in Royston. The Dance College, which will train dance teachers of the future, has moved from its old base in Flint Cross to Lumen House in Royston. Students and staff
A DANCE school will be offering a wider range of teaching after moving into new premises in Royston.
The Dance College, which will train dance teachers of the future, has moved from its old base in Flint Cross to Lumen House in Royston.
Students and staff took part in an opening ceremony at the new school.
Owner Penny Meekings said: "We've now got more space for the students to work in, and can offer a much wider range of teaching on the course.
"Previously, the students would only take one exam, now they have 14 modules to complete in four different types of dance.
"It's a massive increase and it means the students come out of the course being much better teachers."
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
The work on the building has taken a month to complete, and when The Crow first visited the Lumen Way premises it was little more than an empty shell.
"It's gone very well. They've done an excellent job," said Penny.
"We had a deadline of the beginning of September to get it up and running, and people have been working in the evenings and at weekends to get the project finished."
The students have been in the new surroundings for a week now, and Penny describes the mood at the college as "excited".
When they graduate from the three-programme provided by the Dance College, many students will go on to teach at established dance schools, while others prefer to start their own schools.
For more details, visit www.thedancecollege.meekings.co.uk