Brush with success for dance school owner Penny
A DANCE school will be offering a wider range of teaching after moving into new premises in Royston. The Dance College, which will train dance teachers of the future, has moved from its old base in Flint Cross to Lumen House in Royston. Students and staff
A DANCE school will be offering a wider range of teaching after moving into new premises in Royston.
The Dance College, which will train dance teachers of the future, has moved from its old base in Flint Cross to Lumen House in Royston.
Students and staff took part in an opening ceremony at the new school.
Owner Penny Meekings said: "We've now got more space for the students to work in, and can offer a much wider range of teaching on the course.
"Previously, the students would only take one exam, now they have 14 modules to complete in four different types of dance.
"It's a massive increase and it means the students come out of the course being much better teachers."
- 1 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 4 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 5 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 6 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 9 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 10 Children's kite design competition winners announced
The work on the building has taken a month to complete, and when The Crow first visited the Lumen Way premises it was little more than an empty shell.
"It's gone very well. They've done an excellent job," said Penny.
"We had a deadline of the beginning of September to get it up and running, and people have been working in the evenings and at weekends to get the project finished."
The students have been in the new surroundings for a week now, and Penny describes the mood at the college as "excited".
When they graduate from the three-programme provided by the Dance College, many students will go on to teach at established dance schools, while others prefer to start their own schools.
For more details, visit www.thedancecollege.meekings.co.uk