Broadhall clip Eagles' wings
Broadhall Youth 7 Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues 0 Under-13 Division 1 BROADHALL continued there 2009/10 league campaign with a visit from newly promoted Letchworth Garden Eagles Blues, one of three Letchworth sides in the top division. The first 10
Broadhall Youth 7 Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues 0
Under-13 Division 1
BROADHALL continued there 2009/10 league campaign with a visit from newly promoted Letchworth Garden Eagles Blues, one of three Letchworth sides in the top division.
The first 10 minutes were a fairly even with Broadhall having the majority of the possession but the better break away chances falling to Letchworth.
You may also want to watch:
It was Broadhall who opened the scoring on 11 minutes when one of many good deep corners during the game from Mitch Pagett was firmly headed in by Kailan Carr.
This was followed five minutes later when Carr's centre midfield partner drove in a second goal from the edge of the box.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
Broadhall then took a strong grip on the game when John Veal turned neatly on the corner edge of the Letchworth penalty area and curled an excellent shot into the near top corner of the net leaving the Letchworth goalkeeper rooted to the ground. Broadhall went into half time with a good 3-0 lead.
The second half continued when after five minutes of play John Veal scored his second and Broadhall's fourth in similar fashion to his first goal with some good footwork to open up some space to fire into the net.
Broadhall then made some changes to the side but with the strong squad of players this did not affect the flow of the game.
With his first touch substitute Harrison Griffith pounced onto a loose ball in the penalty area to smash home to make the score 5-0.
The very sharp Griffith quickly added his second again seizing on in decision in the visitors defence to drive home in the bottom corner to make the score 6-0 and the scoring was finished off when Nathan Adeniregun volleyed home from 12 yards to round off an emphatic 7-0 win.
The visitors will not relish the return trip to Broadhall in two weeks time when both teams meet in the next round of the Herts County Cup.
A great team performance was displayed by the whole squad of Broadhall players but some notable performances from the impressive Kailan Carr and George Glennon in centre midfield, Christian Farrugia on as a second half sub in left midfield and an outstanding performance in central defence from Jeremy Luzinda who dealt with a very strong attacking threat from Letchworth.
Next up for Broadhall is the tricky home fixture versus another of the Letchworth Teams when they host Letchworth Yellows this coming Sunday.