BREAKING NEWS: Chemical spill in Royston
A CHEMICAL spill has closed roads across Royston with resident advised to stay indoors and business evacuated.
Firefighters and police officers have been called to a premise in the industrial area and Old North Road at the junction of York Way has been closed along with Orchard Road at the junction of Greenfield.
Traffic was disrupted after roads were close by police.
A police spokesman said: “Police and fire crews are in attendance and efforts are being made to identify the extent of the impact of the spillage.
“The safety of members of the public is paramount and local residents have been advised to close their doors and windows as a precaution.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident is ongoing, check The Crow’s website for updates.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 6 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 7 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 10 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown