BREAKING NEWS: Chemical spill in Royston
A CHEMICAL spill has closed roads across Royston with resident advised to stay indoors and business evacuated.
Firefighters and police officers have been called to a premise in the industrial area and Old North Road at the junction of York Way has been closed along with Orchard Road at the junction of Greenfield.
Traffic was disrupted after roads were close by police.
A police spokesman said: “Police and fire crews are in attendance and efforts are being made to identify the extent of the impact of the spillage.
“The safety of members of the public is paramount and local residents have been advised to close their doors and windows as a precaution.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident is ongoing, check The Crow’s website for updates.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?