BREAKING NEWS: Chemical spill in Royston
A CHEMICAL spill has closed roads across Royston with resident advised to stay indoors and business evacuated.
Firefighters and police officers have been called to a premise in the industrial area and Old North Road at the junction of York Way has been closed along with Orchard Road at the junction of Greenfield.
Traffic was disrupted after roads were close by police.
A police spokesman said: “Police and fire crews are in attendance and efforts are being made to identify the extent of the impact of the spillage.
“The safety of members of the public is paramount and local residents have been advised to close their doors and windows as a precaution.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident is ongoing, check The Crow’s website for updates.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote