Brainstrust charity chosen for Bassingbourn Half Marathon
The chosen charity for this year’s Bassingbourn Half Marathon is one that is close to the race director’s heart.
Brainstrust was picked as the charity by Fit4Challenge director Ash Hawkins, who lost his father to a brain tumour over Christmas in 2013 after a three-year battle.
Ash said: “I chose Brainstrust as the official charity because it doesn’t receive the same level of support or funding as other cancers.
“As well as a percentage of race profit being donated to Brainstrust, I am hopeful that runners who sign up for the race will also run for the charity.
“My courses always include off-road sections, beautiful scenery, sometimes a bit of mud and the odd hill which, remember, goes up as well as down.
You may also want to watch:
“There is still plenty of time to sign up!”
For more information on the race – which takes place at 10am on Sunday, July 5 – and to book your place visit www.fit4thechallenge.co.uk. You can find out more about the charity at www.brainstrust.org.uk.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
The event took place for the first time last July, attracting a field of 230 runners from across Herts, Cambs and further afield.