Brainstrust charity chosen for Bassingbourn Half Marathon
The chosen charity for this year’s Bassingbourn Half Marathon is one that is close to the race director’s heart.
Brainstrust was picked as the charity by Fit4Challenge director Ash Hawkins, who lost his father to a brain tumour over Christmas in 2013 after a three-year battle.
Ash said: “I chose Brainstrust as the official charity because it doesn’t receive the same level of support or funding as other cancers.
“As well as a percentage of race profit being donated to Brainstrust, I am hopeful that runners who sign up for the race will also run for the charity.
“My courses always include off-road sections, beautiful scenery, sometimes a bit of mud and the odd hill which, remember, goes up as well as down.
You may also want to watch:
“There is still plenty of time to sign up!”
For more information on the race – which takes place at 10am on Sunday, July 5 – and to book your place visit www.fit4thechallenge.co.uk. You can find out more about the charity at www.brainstrust.org.uk.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The event took place for the first time last July, attracting a field of 230 runners from across Herts, Cambs and further afield.