Boy taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision with car in Baldock Road, Royston
A SEVEN year old boy was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after he was involved in a collision with a car. The incident occurred earlier this afternoon in Baldock Road, Royston, outside the fire station. Police officers and ambulance crews were ca
A SEVEN year old boy was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after he was involved in a collision with a car.
The incident occurred earlier this afternoon in Baldock Road, Royston, outside the fire station.
Police officers and ambulance crews were called to the scene at around 3.30pm after a black Vauxhall Astra collided with the boy. The air ambulance was also summoned.
Gary Sanderson, from the East of England ambulance service, said: "The child was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge with serious head injuries."
The driver of the Astra, a woman in her forties, was uninjured.
Baldock Road is currently closed between the junction with Tannery Drift and Briary Lane while officers investigate the incident. It is expected to remain closed for several hours.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
Anyone with information on the collision should contact PC Matt Hollingsworth on 0845 33 00 222.