Boy taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision with car in Baldock Road, Royston
A SEVEN year old boy was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after he was involved in a collision with a car. The incident occurred earlier this afternoon in Baldock Road, Royston, outside the fire station. Police officers and ambulance crews were ca
A SEVEN year old boy was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after he was involved in a collision with a car.
The incident occurred earlier this afternoon in Baldock Road, Royston, outside the fire station.
Police officers and ambulance crews were called to the scene at around 3.30pm after a black Vauxhall Astra collided with the boy. The air ambulance was also summoned.
Gary Sanderson, from the East of England ambulance service, said: "The child was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge with serious head injuries."
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Astra, a woman in her forties, was uninjured.
Baldock Road is currently closed between the junction with Tannery Drift and Briary Lane while officers investigate the incident. It is expected to remain closed for several hours.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 7 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Anyone with information on the collision should contact PC Matt Hollingsworth on 0845 33 00 222.