Boy taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision with car in Baldock Road, Royston
A SEVEN year old boy was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after he was involved in a collision with a car. The incident occurred earlier this afternoon in Baldock Road, Royston, outside the fire station. Police officers and ambulance crews were ca
A SEVEN year old boy was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after he was involved in a collision with a car.
The incident occurred earlier this afternoon in Baldock Road, Royston, outside the fire station.
Police officers and ambulance crews were called to the scene at around 3.30pm after a black Vauxhall Astra collided with the boy. The air ambulance was also summoned.
Gary Sanderson, from the East of England ambulance service, said: "The child was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge with serious head injuries."
The driver of the Astra, a woman in her forties, was uninjured.
Baldock Road is currently closed between the junction with Tannery Drift and Briary Lane while officers investigate the incident. It is expected to remain closed for several hours.
- 1 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Royston museum under new management
- 6 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 9 Vandals trash Royston High Street litter bins
- 10 Foxton Granta the new boys on the Cambs & Hunts Premier League block after merger
Anyone with information on the collision should contact PC Matt Hollingsworth on 0845 33 00 222.