Boxing legends set for Army charity show
BOXING legends Steve Collins and Nigel Benn will be presenting prizes at a charity boxing dinner at Bassingbourn Barracks. The event, on Friday, October 5, will see bouts between members of the Army boxing team and an East of England select squad. Profit
BOXING legends Steve Collins and Nigel Benn will be presenting prizes at a charity boxing dinner at Bassingbourn Barracks.
The event, on Friday, October 5, will see bouts between members of the Army boxing team and an East of England select squad.
Profits from the evening will be split between The Army Benevolent Fund, the Bassingbourn Barracks Tower Museum, Riding for the Disabled, and Addenbrooke's Hospital.
As well as Collins and Benn, another former world champion will be in attendance in the form of Dave 'Boy' Green.
You may also want to watch:
The evening will begin at about 5.30pm, with the first bout scheduled to commence at 8pm.
Tickets will cost £50 each and include a three-course meal.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
Corporate sponsorship packages are available to businesses.
- For further details contact Captain Jimmy Hendrickson on 01223 204159.