Boxing legends set for Army charity show
BOXING legends Steve Collins and Nigel Benn will be presenting prizes at a charity boxing dinner at Bassingbourn Barracks. The event, on Friday, October 5, will see bouts between members of the Army boxing team and an East of England select squad. Profit
BOXING legends Steve Collins and Nigel Benn will be presenting prizes at a charity boxing dinner at Bassingbourn Barracks.
The event, on Friday, October 5, will see bouts between members of the Army boxing team and an East of England select squad.
Profits from the evening will be split between The Army Benevolent Fund, the Bassingbourn Barracks Tower Museum, Riding for the Disabled, and Addenbrooke's Hospital.
As well as Collins and Benn, another former world champion will be in attendance in the form of Dave 'Boy' Green.
You may also want to watch:
The evening will begin at about 5.30pm, with the first bout scheduled to commence at 8pm.
Tickets will cost £50 each and include a three-course meal.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Corporate sponsorship packages are available to businesses.
- For further details contact Captain Jimmy Hendrickson on 01223 204159.