Bourn hit top form to beat Fairlands Whites
Bassingbourn 3 Fairlands Whites 1 Under-13s Division Three ANOTHER good team performance by Bassingbourn led to another win as they defeated Fairlands Whites at the weekend.
Bassingbourn 3 Fairlands Whites 1
Under-13s Division Three
ANOTHER good team performance by Bassingbourn led to another win as they defeated Fairlands Whites at the weekend.
The home team started well and were awarded a penalty on 13 minutes but Matthew Lovejoy saw his kick well saved by Ryan Bellard.
You may also want to watch:
On 24 minutes Lovejoy was able to make up for his earlier miss when following a corner from Tom Moody he popped up to score the first of the match.
With the back four well marshalled by James Smith, goalkeeper Alan Green was a virtual spectator in the first half while at the other end Jono Roope doubled the lead just before the interval.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 5 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 6 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 7 Village church receives 'lifeline' grant from government
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston
- 10 Aspiring young photographers take part in 'wild nature' competition
With 15 minutes gone in the second half Fairlands reduced the lead with a header from Freddy Kelly but with 10 minutes to go Moody made sure all the points went to the home team with a close range finish to make it 3-1.
Fairlands’ midfielder Joe Gerrard had a very good attempt come crashing off the crossbar with five minutes left, however his team were unable to find any more goals and bourn ran out the winners.
Bassingbourn Squad: Green, Bromillow, Seekings, Smith, Hammond, Faillettaz, Cover, Moody, Fox, Roope, Lovejoy, O’Connor, Mankus, Townson.