Bourn hit top form to beat Fairlands Whites
Bassingbourn 3 Fairlands Whites 1 Under-13s Division Three ANOTHER good team performance by Bassingbourn led to another win as they defeated Fairlands Whites at the weekend.
Bassingbourn 3 Fairlands Whites 1
Under-13s Division Three
ANOTHER good team performance by Bassingbourn led to another win as they defeated Fairlands Whites at the weekend.
The home team started well and were awarded a penalty on 13 minutes but Matthew Lovejoy saw his kick well saved by Ryan Bellard.
On 24 minutes Lovejoy was able to make up for his earlier miss when following a corner from Tom Moody he popped up to score the first of the match.
With the back four well marshalled by James Smith, goalkeeper Alan Green was a virtual spectator in the first half while at the other end Jono Roope doubled the lead just before the interval.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
With 15 minutes gone in the second half Fairlands reduced the lead with a header from Freddy Kelly but with 10 minutes to go Moody made sure all the points went to the home team with a close range finish to make it 3-1.
Fairlands’ midfielder Joe Gerrard had a very good attempt come crashing off the crossbar with five minutes left, however his team were unable to find any more goals and bourn ran out the winners.
Bassingbourn Squad: Green, Bromillow, Seekings, Smith, Hammond, Faillettaz, Cover, Moody, Fox, Roope, Lovejoy, O’Connor, Mankus, Townson.