Bookworms take their time
BOOKWORMS flocked to Ashwell at the weekend to grab a bargain at the 8th Ashwell Book Weekend. The annual event saw thousands of books put on sale at St Mary s Church to raise money for the church restoration appeal. Organiser Carolyn Lush said: This is
BOOKWORMS flocked to Ashwell at the weekend to grab a bargain at the 8th Ashwell Book Weekend.
The annual event saw thousands of books put on sale at St Mary's Church to raise money for the church restoration appeal.
Organiser Carolyn Lush said: "This is certainly the biggest book weekend we've had yet in financial terms.
"We've raised nearly £3,000 for the church.
You may also want to watch:
"We moved the books out of the church hall into the church itself, and I think having that extra space enabled people to browse the various categories more easily and find the ones they wanted."
Together with other organisers Glenys Travis and Caroline Feast, Carolyn spent much of last week sorting the books, all of which had been donated.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
She said: "We had help from so many different people. We couldn't have done it without them.