Book worms unite for first year of festival at Wimpole Estate
- Credit: Archant
Book lovers are being invited to an inaugural literary festival at Wimpole Estate.
The festival kicks off tomorrow with a first person performance of Kipling: His Life and Verse by racounter Geoff Hutchinson and will continue throughout the month with various events and performances.
On Sunday, the Kipling theme continues on at 6pm with an outdoor cinema showing Walt Disney’s timeless classic The Jungle Book.
People are invited to watch the feel good film with a picnic in the beautiful surroundings of Wimpole Hall gardens.
Next Friday, June 19 at 4pm, in the tranquil book room at Wimpole Estate, National Trust libraries curator Mark Purcell will bring to life some of Wimpole’s book collection, with his illustrated talk National Trust Libraries: A Grand Tour.
You may also want to watch:
Events officer Anne French said: “Wimpole’s first ever literary festival celebrates its great links with famous authors and literary collectors.
“Mark Purcell is very engaging when talking about the National Trust libraries and he manages to bring the books to life.”
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Crows to take defeats on the chin after unbeaten run comes to a frustrating end
If all this talk of writing inspires the author within you, why not try out the Outdoor Creative Writing Workshop on Sunday June 28 from 10am to 5pm by professional writers Helena Attlee and Emma Beynon.
For booking details visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/wimpole-estate/things-to-see-and-do/events/ or phone the National Trust box office on 0844 2491895.