Bloom baskets to cost £8,000
HANGING baskets in Royston will this year cost £8,000. The go-ahead to spend the money came from members of North Herts District Council s Royston area committee. But Cllr Tony Hunter said it was a great deal of money . He pointed out, however, that the
HANGING baskets in Royston will this year cost £8,000.
The go-ahead to spend the money came from members of North Herts District Council's Royston area committee.
But Cllr Tony Hunter said it was "a great deal of money".
He pointed out, however, that the cost was mostly towards the maintenance of the hanging baskets which are erected in the High Street and other prominent locations.
You may also want to watch:
The displays are seen, too, as part of Royston's bid in the Anglia in Bloom competition.
Cllr Robert Inwood said: "It seems a lot of money when we are having to make other cut-backs.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
But committee chairman Cllr Fiona Hill said he could not support "taking something away from the town".