Bloom baskets to cost £8,000
HANGING baskets in Royston will this year cost £8,000. The go-ahead to spend the money came from members of North Herts District Council s Royston area committee. But Cllr Tony Hunter said it was a great deal of money . He pointed out, however, that the
HANGING baskets in Royston will this year cost £8,000.
The go-ahead to spend the money came from members of North Herts District Council's Royston area committee.
But Cllr Tony Hunter said it was "a great deal of money".
He pointed out, however, that the cost was mostly towards the maintenance of the hanging baskets which are erected in the High Street and other prominent locations.
You may also want to watch:
The displays are seen, too, as part of Royston's bid in the Anglia in Bloom competition.
Cllr Robert Inwood said: "It seems a lot of money when we are having to make other cut-backs.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
But committee chairman Cllr Fiona Hill said he could not support "taking something away from the town".