Bloom baskets to cost £8,000
HANGING baskets in Royston will this year cost £8,000. The go-ahead to spend the money came from members of North Herts District Council s Royston area committee. But Cllr Tony Hunter said it was a great deal of money . He pointed out, however, that the
HANGING baskets in Royston will this year cost £8,000.
The go-ahead to spend the money came from members of North Herts District Council's Royston area committee.
But Cllr Tony Hunter said it was "a great deal of money".
He pointed out, however, that the cost was mostly towards the maintenance of the hanging baskets which are erected in the High Street and other prominent locations.
The displays are seen, too, as part of Royston's bid in the Anglia in Bloom competition.
Cllr Robert Inwood said: "It seems a lot of money when we are having to make other cut-backs.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 8 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 9 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
But committee chairman Cllr Fiona Hill said he could not support "taking something away from the town".