Blessings for church repairs
A CHURCH in Reed celebrated the completion of repairs to a window with a visit from a bishop on Monday (December 11). The Right Reverend Christopher Foster, Bishop of Hertford, held a blessing service for the east window at St Mary s church in the village. The window h
A CHURCH in Reed celebrated the completion of repairs to a window with a visit from a bishop on Monday.
The Right Reverend Christopher Foster, Bishop of Hertford, held a blessing service for the east window at St Mary's church in the village.
The window had needed to be restored due to damage to the stonework surrounding the glass.
The work was paid for through a series of grants and a two-year fundraising campaign in the village.
You may also want to watch:
In all £30,000 was raised, including help from the John Turney Trust, the Bedford and Herts Historic Churches Trust and the Historic Churches Preservation Trust.
Chuch warden Liz Jakeman said that the amount raised was a great achievement.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
She said: "I think it is what you would call a great collaborative effort because it is only a small village.
"There is not a huge congregation here but when it came to fundraising they were absolutely fantastic.