Blessings for church repairs
A CHURCH in Reed celebrated the completion of repairs to a window with a visit from a bishop on Monday (December 11). The Right Reverend Christopher Foster, Bishop of Hertford, held a blessing service for the east window at St Mary s church in the village. The window h
A CHURCH in Reed celebrated the completion of repairs to a window with a visit from a bishop on Monday.
The Right Reverend Christopher Foster, Bishop of Hertford, held a blessing service for the east window at St Mary's church in the village.
The window had needed to be restored due to damage to the stonework surrounding the glass.
The work was paid for through a series of grants and a two-year fundraising campaign in the village.
You may also want to watch:
In all £30,000 was raised, including help from the John Turney Trust, the Bedford and Herts Historic Churches Trust and the Historic Churches Preservation Trust.
Chuch warden Liz Jakeman said that the amount raised was a great achievement.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 9 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
She said: "I think it is what you would call a great collaborative effort because it is only a small village.
"There is not a huge congregation here but when it came to fundraising they were absolutely fantastic.