Blessings for church repairs
A CHURCH in Reed celebrated the completion of repairs to a window with a visit from a bishop on Monday (December 11). The Right Reverend Christopher Foster, Bishop of Hertford, held a blessing service for the east window at St Mary s church in the village. The window h
A CHURCH in Reed celebrated the completion of repairs to a window with a visit from a bishop on Monday.
The Right Reverend Christopher Foster, Bishop of Hertford, held a blessing service for the east window at St Mary's church in the village.
The window had needed to be restored due to damage to the stonework surrounding the glass.
The work was paid for through a series of grants and a two-year fundraising campaign in the village.
In all £30,000 was raised, including help from the John Turney Trust, the Bedford and Herts Historic Churches Trust and the Historic Churches Preservation Trust.
Chuch warden Liz Jakeman said that the amount raised was a great achievement.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 3 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 4 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 5 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 8 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 9 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
She said: "I think it is what you would call a great collaborative effort because it is only a small village.
"There is not a huge congregation here but when it came to fundraising they were absolutely fantastic.