Blessings for church repairs
A CHURCH in Reed celebrated the completion of repairs to a window with a visit from a bishop on Monday (December 11). The Right Reverend Christopher Foster, Bishop of Hertford, held a blessing service for the east window at St Mary s church in the village. The window h
A CHURCH in Reed celebrated the completion of repairs to a window with a visit from a bishop on Monday.
The Right Reverend Christopher Foster, Bishop of Hertford, held a blessing service for the east window at St Mary's church in the village.
The window had needed to be restored due to damage to the stonework surrounding the glass.
The work was paid for through a series of grants and a two-year fundraising campaign in the village.
You may also want to watch:
In all £30,000 was raised, including help from the John Turney Trust, the Bedford and Herts Historic Churches Trust and the Historic Churches Preservation Trust.
Chuch warden Liz Jakeman said that the amount raised was a great achievement.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
She said: "I think it is what you would call a great collaborative effort because it is only a small village.
"There is not a huge congregation here but when it came to fundraising they were absolutely fantastic.