When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Refuse collections will continue in North Herts from tomorrow, after they were delayed for a day due to snowy conditions.
Earlier this morning, North Herts District Council announced that all bin collections were to be suspended due to "snow and icy conditions".
In a statement published online, NHDC said: "Due to the snow and icy conditions, we have suspended all collection services today (refuse, recycling, garden waste and food waste).
"Ensuring the safety of our bin crews is our top priority. Icy conditions can be unsafe for the crews and for our large collection vehicles to manoeuvre on, particularly in rural areas of the district.
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience."
You may also want to watch:
Residents are asked to leave their bins out for collection tomorrow (January 26), and check their lids haven't frozen, as NHDC aims to empty them in the coming days.
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 5 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 6 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 7 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 8 Victim of fatal A10 crash named
- 9 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 10 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire