Bikers rev up for annual show on June 16
3,000 spectators expected
MORE than 2,000 brilliant bikes will roar into Crow Country next week.
The 25th Royston and District Motorcycle Club charity show is being held next week at Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre, andorganisers are expecting a bumper turn out for what is a landmark event in the biking calendar.
The show usually attracts at least 3,000 spectators keen to catch a glimpse of a selection of new and classic motorbikes.
Mark Coningsby, who helps organise the show, said: “We hope it will be bigger and better than ever before. We already have more than 25 traders confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year the show raised almost �10,000 for Meldreth Manor School, The East Anglian Air Ambulance, and MAGPAS – the emergency doctor response.
“Over the last 24 years the total raised has topped �90,000, and we hope it will break the �100,000 mark this year.”
- 1 Road closed after 'serious' crash on A10
- 2 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 3 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 7 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 8 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 9 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 10 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
Confirmed attendees include Absolute rider training from Royston, Camrider of Cambridge, BMW Of Sawbridgeworth, Ducati of Bedford, and Allins Yamaha and Honda from Cambridge, while Harley Davidson plans to hold rideouts during the evening.
The show takes place on Wednesday, June 16, and gates open at 6.30pm.
Entry is �5 for adults, and free for under-14s. For more information visit www.roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk