Bikers rev up for annual show on June 16
3,000 spectators expected
MORE than 2,000 brilliant bikes will roar into Crow Country next week.
The 25th Royston and District Motorcycle Club charity show is being held next week at Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre, andorganisers are expecting a bumper turn out for what is a landmark event in the biking calendar.
The show usually attracts at least 3,000 spectators keen to catch a glimpse of a selection of new and classic motorbikes.
Mark Coningsby, who helps organise the show, said: “We hope it will be bigger and better than ever before. We already have more than 25 traders confirmed.
“Last year the show raised almost �10,000 for Meldreth Manor School, The East Anglian Air Ambulance, and MAGPAS – the emergency doctor response.
“Over the last 24 years the total raised has topped �90,000, and we hope it will break the �100,000 mark this year.”
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
Confirmed attendees include Absolute rider training from Royston, Camrider of Cambridge, BMW Of Sawbridgeworth, Ducati of Bedford, and Allins Yamaha and Honda from Cambridge, while Harley Davidson plans to hold rideouts during the evening.
The show takes place on Wednesday, June 16, and gates open at 6.30pm.
Entry is �5 for adults, and free for under-14s. For more information visit www.roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk