Bikers rev up for annual show on June 16
3,000 spectators expected
MORE than 2,000 brilliant bikes will roar into Crow Country next week.
The 25th Royston and District Motorcycle Club charity show is being held next week at Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre, andorganisers are expecting a bumper turn out for what is a landmark event in the biking calendar.
The show usually attracts at least 3,000 spectators keen to catch a glimpse of a selection of new and classic motorbikes.
Mark Coningsby, who helps organise the show, said: “We hope it will be bigger and better than ever before. We already have more than 25 traders confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year the show raised almost �10,000 for Meldreth Manor School, The East Anglian Air Ambulance, and MAGPAS – the emergency doctor response.
“Over the last 24 years the total raised has topped �90,000, and we hope it will break the �100,000 mark this year.”
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
Confirmed attendees include Absolute rider training from Royston, Camrider of Cambridge, BMW Of Sawbridgeworth, Ducati of Bedford, and Allins Yamaha and Honda from Cambridge, while Harley Davidson plans to hold rideouts during the evening.
The show takes place on Wednesday, June 16, and gates open at 6.30pm.
Entry is �5 for adults, and free for under-14s. For more information visit www.roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk