Bikers rev up for annual show on June 16
3,000 spectators expected
MORE than 2,000 brilliant bikes will roar into Crow Country next week.
The 25th Royston and District Motorcycle Club charity show is being held next week at Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre, andorganisers are expecting a bumper turn out for what is a landmark event in the biking calendar.
The show usually attracts at least 3,000 spectators keen to catch a glimpse of a selection of new and classic motorbikes.
Mark Coningsby, who helps organise the show, said: “We hope it will be bigger and better than ever before. We already have more than 25 traders confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year the show raised almost �10,000 for Meldreth Manor School, The East Anglian Air Ambulance, and MAGPAS – the emergency doctor response.
“Over the last 24 years the total raised has topped �90,000, and we hope it will break the �100,000 mark this year.”
- 1 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Confirmed attendees include Absolute rider training from Royston, Camrider of Cambridge, BMW Of Sawbridgeworth, Ducati of Bedford, and Allins Yamaha and Honda from Cambridge, while Harley Davidson plans to hold rideouts during the evening.
The show takes place on Wednesday, June 16, and gates open at 6.30pm.
Entry is �5 for adults, and free for under-14s. For more information visit www.roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk