Bike show with a conscience returns to Meldreth
- Credit: Archant
A bike show with a conscience will be held at a new Meldreth venue on Wednesday, as it has outgrown its previous premises.
Over the years, Royston and District Motorcycle Club has played an active role in the community by raising charitable funds through its annual show at Meldreth Manor School.
For the first time, it will this year be held at Eternit Social Club in Whaddon Road, to cater for the increase in visitors.
Funds raised at the bike show are donated to support a number of worthwhile charities, including Meldreth Manor School, East Anglian Air Ambulance, SERV blood riders in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and Herts and Beds – which deliver much needed emergency blood and breast milk to hospitals outside the working day.
Last year the event attracted more than 2,000 visitors to view the motorcycles, old and new.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at 6.30pm for the event on Wednesday.
Entry is £5 and under 14s go free – all proceeds are donated to local charities.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
Visit roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk for more information about the event.