Bike show with a conscience returns to Meldreth
- Credit: Archant
A bike show with a conscience will be held at a new Meldreth venue on Wednesday, as it has outgrown its previous premises.
Over the years, Royston and District Motorcycle Club has played an active role in the community by raising charitable funds through its annual show at Meldreth Manor School.
For the first time, it will this year be held at Eternit Social Club in Whaddon Road, to cater for the increase in visitors.
Funds raised at the bike show are donated to support a number of worthwhile charities, including Meldreth Manor School, East Anglian Air Ambulance, SERV blood riders in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and Herts and Beds – which deliver much needed emergency blood and breast milk to hospitals outside the working day.
Last year the event attracted more than 2,000 visitors to view the motorcycles, old and new.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at 6.30pm for the event on Wednesday.
Entry is £5 and under 14s go free – all proceeds are donated to local charities.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
Visit roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk for more information about the event.