Bike show with a conscience returns to Meldreth
- Credit: Archant
A bike show with a conscience will be held at a new Meldreth venue on Wednesday, as it has outgrown its previous premises.
Over the years, Royston and District Motorcycle Club has played an active role in the community by raising charitable funds through its annual show at Meldreth Manor School.
For the first time, it will this year be held at Eternit Social Club in Whaddon Road, to cater for the increase in visitors.
Funds raised at the bike show are donated to support a number of worthwhile charities, including Meldreth Manor School, East Anglian Air Ambulance, SERV blood riders in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and Herts and Beds – which deliver much needed emergency blood and breast milk to hospitals outside the working day.
Last year the event attracted more than 2,000 visitors to view the motorcycles, old and new.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at 6.30pm for the event on Wednesday.
Entry is £5 and under 14s go free – all proceeds are donated to local charities.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 7 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 8 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 9 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
Visit roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk for more information about the event.