Bike show with a conscience returns to Meldreth
- Credit: Archant
A bike show with a conscience will be held at a new Meldreth venue on Wednesday, as it has outgrown its previous premises.
Over the years, Royston and District Motorcycle Club has played an active role in the community by raising charitable funds through its annual show at Meldreth Manor School.
For the first time, it will this year be held at Eternit Social Club in Whaddon Road, to cater for the increase in visitors.
Funds raised at the bike show are donated to support a number of worthwhile charities, including Meldreth Manor School, East Anglian Air Ambulance, SERV blood riders in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and Herts and Beds – which deliver much needed emergency blood and breast milk to hospitals outside the working day.
Last year the event attracted more than 2,000 visitors to view the motorcycles, old and new.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at 6.30pm for the event on Wednesday.
Entry is £5 and under 14s go free – all proceeds are donated to local charities.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Visit roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk for more information about the event.