Benson on fast track to success
A CANINE competitor from Royston is through to the final stages of a national dog show. Benson, a 12-year old Corgi cross, has made it to the finals of Scrufts, a competition for cross-breeds organised by the Kennel Club. The finals are being held at Earl
A CANINE competitor from Royston is through to the final stages of a national dog show.
Benson, a 12-year old Corgi cross, has made it to the finals of Scrufts, a competition for cross-breeds organised by the Kennel Club. The finals are being held at Earls Court, London, next weekend.
Owner Jenni Goldsmith said: "We got to the final last year but didn't win, so hopefully we can go one better this time around.
"The judges award the prize based on the look of the dog. Benson is getting older now so he wouldn't be able to do anything too strenuous."
Jenni got Benson from the Heathlands Animal Centre, and named him after a well known racing driver.
She said: "When we first got him he was speeding round the house like a racing car. It was about the time that Jenson Button first came on the scene so we decided to call him Benson because it's a mixture of the two names.
- 1 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
"Last time when I took him into the arena he was more interested in saying hello to everyone in the audience."