Become a CMS volunteer
CROW country residents are being encouraged to join teams which help at events in areas open spaces. The Countryside Management Service (CMS) are on the look out for volunteers to oversee walks and other health events at places such as Therfield Heath in
CROW country residents are being encouraged to join teams which help at events in areas open spaces.
The Countryside Management Service (CMS) are on the look out for volunteers to oversee walks and other health events at places such as Therfield Heath in Royston.
As the weather improves, North Herts district council is calling for more people to go and enjoy the green surrounds at the heath and other open areas in the district.
Cllr Ian Knighton, portfolio holder for leisure at the district council, said: "In these difficult financial times it is good to know that everyone can still enjoy a wide range of healthy activities without having to pay out large sums of money.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a proven link between people's feeling of well being and the quality of their life and their level of exercise and involvement in local activities.
"I would encourage North Hertfordshire residents to take up at least one of the many opportunities open to them, to ensure they can enjoy these benefits for themselves," he said.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
Details of all the CMS events, and how you can volunteer, are available on www.enquire.hertscc.gov.uk/cms