Become a CMS volunteer
CROW country residents are being encouraged to join teams which help at events in areas open spaces. The Countryside Management Service (CMS) are on the look out for volunteers to oversee walks and other health events at places such as Therfield Heath in
CROW country residents are being encouraged to join teams which help at events in areas open spaces.
The Countryside Management Service (CMS) are on the look out for volunteers to oversee walks and other health events at places such as Therfield Heath in Royston.
As the weather improves, North Herts district council is calling for more people to go and enjoy the green surrounds at the heath and other open areas in the district.
Cllr Ian Knighton, portfolio holder for leisure at the district council, said: "In these difficult financial times it is good to know that everyone can still enjoy a wide range of healthy activities without having to pay out large sums of money.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a proven link between people's feeling of well being and the quality of their life and their level of exercise and involvement in local activities.
"I would encourage North Hertfordshire residents to take up at least one of the many opportunities open to them, to ensure they can enjoy these benefits for themselves," he said.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Details of all the CMS events, and how you can volunteer, are available on www.enquire.hertscc.gov.uk/cms