Be prepared for a new exhibition - girl guides are in the spotlight at Royston Museum from Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Girl guides will be lining up at Royston Museum on Saturday for the launch of a new exhibition about their history in the town.
Members of the association have put together the show, which features handbooks through the ages along with a set of badges.
Visitors will also be able to see how the guides have grown and developed over the years through a series of press cuttings from the 1960s and 1970s – with lots of fascinating pictures like the images above, celebrating Queen’s Guide success in 1966.
Curator Jenny Oxley said: “There’ll be a uniform on display too, which is bound to bring back memories for anyone connected with the guides.
“Guides will be at the exhibition opening so come along to chat to them about what activities they get up to.
You may also want to watch:
“Refreshments will be available so it makes a lovely opportunity to sit down and talk.
“Were you in the guides? Come along to share your own memories with the group now and compare your adventures!”
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
The exhibition will run until Saturday, March 12 as part of the museum’s Community Cabinet programme allowing local groups with a story to tell to put together their own display.
If you’d like to get involved in the programme email email@example.com. The museum in King Street is open from 10am to 5pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday – find out more about what’s on offer at www.roystonmuseum.org.uk.