Be prepared for a new exhibition - girl guides are in the spotlight at Royston Museum from Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Girl guides will be lining up at Royston Museum on Saturday for the launch of a new exhibition about their history in the town.
Members of the association have put together the show, which features handbooks through the ages along with a set of badges.
Visitors will also be able to see how the guides have grown and developed over the years through a series of press cuttings from the 1960s and 1970s – with lots of fascinating pictures like the images above, celebrating Queen’s Guide success in 1966.
Curator Jenny Oxley said: “There’ll be a uniform on display too, which is bound to bring back memories for anyone connected with the guides.
“Guides will be at the exhibition opening so come along to chat to them about what activities they get up to.
You may also want to watch:
“Refreshments will be available so it makes a lovely opportunity to sit down and talk.
“Were you in the guides? Come along to share your own memories with the group now and compare your adventures!”
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
The exhibition will run until Saturday, March 12 as part of the museum’s Community Cabinet programme allowing local groups with a story to tell to put together their own display.
If you’d like to get involved in the programme email email@example.com. The museum in King Street is open from 10am to 5pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday – find out more about what’s on offer at www.roystonmuseum.org.uk.