Be prepared for a new exhibition - girl guides are in the spotlight at Royston Museum from Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Girl guides will be lining up at Royston Museum on Saturday for the launch of a new exhibition about their history in the town.
Members of the association have put together the show, which features handbooks through the ages along with a set of badges.
Visitors will also be able to see how the guides have grown and developed over the years through a series of press cuttings from the 1960s and 1970s – with lots of fascinating pictures like the images above, celebrating Queen’s Guide success in 1966.
Curator Jenny Oxley said: “There’ll be a uniform on display too, which is bound to bring back memories for anyone connected with the guides.
“Guides will be at the exhibition opening so come along to chat to them about what activities they get up to.
“Refreshments will be available so it makes a lovely opportunity to sit down and talk.
“Were you in the guides? Come along to share your own memories with the group now and compare your adventures!”
- 1 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 2 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 6 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
The exhibition will run until Saturday, March 12 as part of the museum’s Community Cabinet programme allowing local groups with a story to tell to put together their own display.
If you’d like to get involved in the programme email email@example.com. The museum in King Street is open from 10am to 5pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday – find out more about what’s on offer at www.roystonmuseum.org.uk.