Be a heritage helper so that Royston can make the most of its museum
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Have you been to Royston Museum lately? You will find a warm welcome for families and a range of holiday activities coming up for children to enjoy.
New curator Jenny Oxley is looking for some more volunteers to join the events team to ensure that these new exciting activities are available to as many families as possible.
If you enjoy working with children and young people – some sort of teaching or play experience would be great – then this would be an ideal chance to get involved.
Help is needed to prepare for events, which might include preparing craft activities, information and signage, moving tables and chairs and so on. You would be a friendly face for all visitors attending the event, answering any questions and encouraging them to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
You would also help with promoting events locally, getting visitors to feed back on the event by filling in comment cards or questionnaires and leading creative workshops such as children’s craft activities when needed.
For those of you who would like to volunteer behind the scenes and enjoy working with IT then there is an ideal role for you, too.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
There are thousands of collection items and their related pictures which need adding to the museum’s database – full training will be given on use of the system and you will gain an interesting insight into the huge array of historical artefacts relating to our town.
So help Royston’s history come to life for the whole community and contact us and we will put you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk