BBC presenter’s Children in Need challenge to go through Crow country
BBC’s Matt Baker will be cycling through Crow country on Friday as he completes the final day of his 484-mile rickshaw ride for Children in Need.
The One Show presenter set off from Edinburgh last week and will complete the final 59 miles from Cambridge to London via Fowlmere, Bridgefoot, Barley and Barkway.
The 34-year-old is due to complete his challenge live on BBC1 later on Friday evening on The One Show’s Children in Need special.
Speaking before he set off, Matt said: “I’m not even a keen cyclist. But we wanted a way of really feeling the support of Britain so cycling through it was perfect. I think I might have to just keep my head down and focus on the pedalling.
“I have always had a connection with Children in Need. This is going to be hard but if it can raise money to change children’s lives then it’s worth it.
You may also want to watch:
“I know it’s hard asking people to donate so close to Christmas and there’s a recession but there is always going to be people worse off than you.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?