BBC presenter’s Children in Need challenge to go through Crow country
BBC’s Matt Baker will be cycling through Crow country on Friday as he completes the final day of his 484-mile rickshaw ride for Children in Need.
The One Show presenter set off from Edinburgh last week and will complete the final 59 miles from Cambridge to London via Fowlmere, Bridgefoot, Barley and Barkway.
The 34-year-old is due to complete his challenge live on BBC1 later on Friday evening on The One Show’s Children in Need special.
Speaking before he set off, Matt said: “I’m not even a keen cyclist. But we wanted a way of really feeling the support of Britain so cycling through it was perfect. I think I might have to just keep my head down and focus on the pedalling.
“I have always had a connection with Children in Need. This is going to be hard but if it can raise money to change children’s lives then it’s worth it.
You may also want to watch:
“I know it’s hard asking people to donate so close to Christmas and there’s a recession but there is always going to be people worse off than you.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown