Bassingbourn Village students honoured for sporting achievements
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn Village College students have been honoured at an annual awards ceremony commending sporting excellence.
The Year 11 PE students, praised for their outstanding performances, earned them accolades at the Roy Burrell awards.
The event is held annually at Netherhall School to recognise sporting excellence across schools in Cambridgeshire.
Alex Brundle – swimming (county)
Callum Dobbyne and Tom Bolt – football (Norwich academy)
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Burr and Lydia Cornwell – hockey (representing Cambridgeshire)
Zara Parr – rowing (county)
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
Shauna Tynan – Cross Country and Athletics (district and eastern)
Bea Cornwell – Netball and Leadership (U20 Mavericks)
Rachael George - Golf (regional)
Harriet French – volunteering – supporting PE both in and out of school, and encouraging younger years
Libby Taylor – athletics.
Libby was also shortlisted to the last five for the overall Sports Woman of the Year for her exceptional success in Hammer – throwing nationally at a higher age group and being county champion for the last three years.
They were awarded their medals by Rebecca Gallantree, an Olympic and world champion diver.