Bassingbourn Village students honoured for sporting achievements
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn Village College students have been honoured at an annual awards ceremony commending sporting excellence.
The Year 11 PE students, praised for their outstanding performances, earned them accolades at the Roy Burrell awards.
The event is held annually at Netherhall School to recognise sporting excellence across schools in Cambridgeshire.
Alex Brundle – swimming (county)
Callum Dobbyne and Tom Bolt – football (Norwich academy)
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Burr and Lydia Cornwell – hockey (representing Cambridgeshire)
Zara Parr – rowing (county)
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Shauna Tynan – Cross Country and Athletics (district and eastern)
Bea Cornwell – Netball and Leadership (U20 Mavericks)
Rachael George - Golf (regional)
Harriet French – volunteering – supporting PE both in and out of school, and encouraging younger years
Libby Taylor – athletics.
Libby was also shortlisted to the last five for the overall Sports Woman of the Year for her exceptional success in Hammer – throwing nationally at a higher age group and being county champion for the last three years.
They were awarded their medals by Rebecca Gallantree, an Olympic and world champion diver.