Bassingbourn Village students honoured for sporting achievements
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn Village College students have been honoured at an annual awards ceremony commending sporting excellence.
The Year 11 PE students, praised for their outstanding performances, earned them accolades at the Roy Burrell awards.
The event is held annually at Netherhall School to recognise sporting excellence across schools in Cambridgeshire.
Alex Brundle – swimming (county)
Callum Dobbyne and Tom Bolt – football (Norwich academy)
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Burr and Lydia Cornwell – hockey (representing Cambridgeshire)
Zara Parr – rowing (county)
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 All you need to know about Welney Wetland Centre reopening
Shauna Tynan – Cross Country and Athletics (district and eastern)
Bea Cornwell – Netball and Leadership (U20 Mavericks)
Rachael George - Golf (regional)
Harriet French – volunteering – supporting PE both in and out of school, and encouraging younger years
Libby Taylor – athletics.
Libby was also shortlisted to the last five for the overall Sports Woman of the Year for her exceptional success in Hammer – throwing nationally at a higher age group and being county champion for the last three years.
They were awarded their medals by Rebecca Gallantree, an Olympic and world champion diver.