Bassingbourn Village students honoured for sporting achievements
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn Village College students have been honoured at an annual awards ceremony commending sporting excellence.
The Year 11 PE students, praised for their outstanding performances, earned them accolades at the Roy Burrell awards.
The event is held annually at Netherhall School to recognise sporting excellence across schools in Cambridgeshire.
Alex Brundle – swimming (county)
Callum Dobbyne and Tom Bolt – football (Norwich academy)
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Burr and Lydia Cornwell – hockey (representing Cambridgeshire)
Zara Parr – rowing (county)
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Shauna Tynan – Cross Country and Athletics (district and eastern)
Bea Cornwell – Netball and Leadership (U20 Mavericks)
Rachael George - Golf (regional)
Harriet French – volunteering – supporting PE both in and out of school, and encouraging younger years
Libby Taylor – athletics.
Libby was also shortlisted to the last five for the overall Sports Woman of the Year for her exceptional success in Hammer – throwing nationally at a higher age group and being county champion for the last three years.
They were awarded their medals by Rebecca Gallantree, an Olympic and world champion diver.