Bassingbourn Village College smoke damaged after blaze
A SCHOOL was left smoke damaged after a fire broke out this morning.
At 6.30am this morning two crews from Royston and a crew from Gamlingay were called to a fire at Bassingbourn Village College.
Firefighters arrived to find the first floor of the school smoke logged.
Crews discovered a small fire affecting a fan and extinguished the fire using a jet. Firefighters then ventilated the building and left the scene at around 8am.
Fire damage was limited to a small area but several rooms were smoke damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was electrical.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 9 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy