Bassingbourn Village College smoke damaged after blaze
A SCHOOL was left smoke damaged after a fire broke out this morning.
At 6.30am this morning two crews from Royston and a crew from Gamlingay were called to a fire at Bassingbourn Village College.
Firefighters arrived to find the first floor of the school smoke logged.
Crews discovered a small fire affecting a fan and extinguished the fire using a jet. Firefighters then ventilated the building and left the scene at around 8am.
Fire damage was limited to a small area but several rooms were smoke damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was electrical.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?