Bassingbourn Village College smoke damaged after blaze
A SCHOOL was left smoke damaged after a fire broke out this morning.
At 6.30am this morning two crews from Royston and a crew from Gamlingay were called to a fire at Bassingbourn Village College.
Firefighters arrived to find the first floor of the school smoke logged.
Crews discovered a small fire affecting a fan and extinguished the fire using a jet. Firefighters then ventilated the building and left the scene at around 8am.
Fire damage was limited to a small area but several rooms were smoke damaged.
The cause of the fire was electrical.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'