Bassingbourn Village College smoke damaged after blaze
A SCHOOL was left smoke damaged after a fire broke out this morning.
At 6.30am this morning two crews from Royston and a crew from Gamlingay were called to a fire at Bassingbourn Village College.
Firefighters arrived to find the first floor of the school smoke logged.
Crews discovered a small fire affecting a fan and extinguished the fire using a jet. Firefighters then ventilated the building and left the scene at around 8am.
Fire damage was limited to a small area but several rooms were smoke damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was electrical.
- 1 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 4 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo