Bassingbourn Village College smoke damaged after blaze
A SCHOOL was left smoke damaged after a fire broke out this morning.
At 6.30am this morning two crews from Royston and a crew from Gamlingay were called to a fire at Bassingbourn Village College.
Firefighters arrived to find the first floor of the school smoke logged.
Crews discovered a small fire affecting a fan and extinguished the fire using a jet. Firefighters then ventilated the building and left the scene at around 8am.
Fire damage was limited to a small area but several rooms were smoke damaged.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was electrical.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash