Bassingbourn Village College open day is hailed a ‘great success’
- Credit: Archant
Staff have hailed Bassingbourn Village College’s open evening as a “great success”.
More than 180 potential students and their families have gone along to see what BVC has to offer.
A school spokeswoman said: “Staff and students pulled out all the stops to give demonstrations in all their favourite subjects - science, English, maths, Spanish, French, Latin, dance, drama, music technology, craft, fashion, catering, history, geography, RE and sociology. There really was something for everyone.”
Principal Duncan Cooper welcomed more than 400 people to his address.
His audience also heard first-hand from students Loen Groom whose in Year 7 and Beatrice Cornwell, of Year 11.
You may also want to watch:
They spoke about just what life is like studying at BVC. Music was provided by young pianist Lucy Whitely and Year 8 students acted as tour guides.
To book school tours call on 01763 242344.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event