Bassingbourn Village College open day is hailed a ‘great success’
- Credit: Archant
Staff have hailed Bassingbourn Village College’s open evening as a “great success”.
More than 180 potential students and their families have gone along to see what BVC has to offer.
A school spokeswoman said: “Staff and students pulled out all the stops to give demonstrations in all their favourite subjects - science, English, maths, Spanish, French, Latin, dance, drama, music technology, craft, fashion, catering, history, geography, RE and sociology. There really was something for everyone.”
Principal Duncan Cooper welcomed more than 400 people to his address.
His audience also heard first-hand from students Loen Groom whose in Year 7 and Beatrice Cornwell, of Year 11.
You may also want to watch:
They spoke about just what life is like studying at BVC. Music was provided by young pianist Lucy Whitely and Year 8 students acted as tour guides.
To book school tours call on 01763 242344.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims