Young Bassingbourn mathematicians sum up success
- Credit: Archant
Young mathematicians from Bassingbourn Village College have been honoured for their achievements in a national competition.
More than 260,000 students from across the country took part in the annual Junior Maths Challenge – with Bassingbourn Village College scooping four Gold, 15 Silver and 20 Bronze certificates.
The BVC Gold award winners were Ellie-Rose Kingsley, Evelyn Marshall, Elliot Perkin and Patrick Weekes. Elliot – who’s in Year 7 –and Year 8’s Patrick picked up best-in-year certificates with Patrick collecting an award for achieving the highest mark of the BVC entrants.
Patrick was also invited to sit the next stage of the competition, the Junior Mathematical Kangaroo.
BVC principal Duncan Cooper said: “It’s great to see these young people being honoured in this way. They have done really well – and Patrick in particular should be congratulated for winning his way through to the next round.”
You may also want to watch:
The Junior Maths Challenge is run by the UK Mathematics Trust and is supported by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
The charity aims to advance the education of children and young people in mathematics by organising competitions and enrichment activities for school pupils across the UK.
For more information go to www.ukmt.org.uk.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe