Bassingbourn students have mock interviews at Form the Future event
- Credit: Archant
A number of industry professionals came in to spend time with Bassingbourn Village College’s Year 11 students, preparing them for their forthcoming college and apprenticeship interviews.
Each student took part in a mock interview session, after which they were given feedback for their interviewer as to how they might improve their technique when it comes to the real thing.
The event was organised by Form the Future and we were delighted to hear how impressive our students were.
FtF’s Charlotte Steggall said: “We are always impressed by students at Bassingbourn Village College and the students taking part in the mock interviews were no different.
“Volunteers from companies such as PA Consulting, Google and Mathworks commented on how much they enjoyed speaking with the students, learning about the amazing skills and talents they have.
You may also want to watch:
“One person even commented on how the interaction helped her have a much more positive impression of young people in general – she expected students to be scruffy, looking at their phones the whole time!
“Feedback from the students showed that the activity helped them feel more confident and prepared for their futures.”
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts