Full steam ahead at Bassingbourn fundraising weekend
- Credit: Archant
Enthusiasts came from far and wide to celebrate the annual Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn at the weekend.
It's the sixth fundraising weekend of its kind that The Hoops' landlord, Russell Woolaston, has thrown alongside Clive Flack.
Mr Flack said: "Since we initially started the event in 2013 it has gone from strength to strength.
"Last year we raised over £4,000. After paying for the Bassingbourn annual pensioners outing, we were able to donate a First World War memorial bench, paid for a new strip for the Bassingbourn football team, and contributed to the Help Ethan Fund.
"This year's event was our best to date with a wonderful diverse collection of steam-orientated vehicles, from early agricultural traction, steam cars, a wonderful offering of scale model steam lorries, and pride of place, a beautiful showman's fairground engine from Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
"We are still receiving donations for the event, but we will be announcing the final total as soon as possible."
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses