Full steam ahead at Bassingbourn fundraising weekend
- Credit: Archant
Enthusiasts came from far and wide to celebrate the annual Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn at the weekend.
It's the sixth fundraising weekend of its kind that The Hoops' landlord, Russell Woolaston, has thrown alongside Clive Flack.
Mr Flack said: "Since we initially started the event in 2013 it has gone from strength to strength.
"Last year we raised over £4,000. After paying for the Bassingbourn annual pensioners outing, we were able to donate a First World War memorial bench, paid for a new strip for the Bassingbourn football team, and contributed to the Help Ethan Fund.
"This year's event was our best to date with a wonderful diverse collection of steam-orientated vehicles, from early agricultural traction, steam cars, a wonderful offering of scale model steam lorries, and pride of place, a beautiful showman's fairground engine from Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
"We are still receiving donations for the event, but we will be announcing the final total as soon as possible."
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange