Full steam ahead at Bassingbourn fundraising weekend
- Credit: Archant
Enthusiasts came from far and wide to celebrate the annual Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn at the weekend.
It's the sixth fundraising weekend of its kind that The Hoops' landlord, Russell Woolaston, has thrown alongside Clive Flack.
Mr Flack said: "Since we initially started the event in 2013 it has gone from strength to strength.
"Last year we raised over £4,000. After paying for the Bassingbourn annual pensioners outing, we were able to donate a First World War memorial bench, paid for a new strip for the Bassingbourn football team, and contributed to the Help Ethan Fund.
"This year's event was our best to date with a wonderful diverse collection of steam-orientated vehicles, from early agricultural traction, steam cars, a wonderful offering of scale model steam lorries, and pride of place, a beautiful showman's fairground engine from Godmanchester.
You may also want to watch:
"We are still receiving donations for the event, but we will be announcing the final total as soon as possible."
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Missing teen found safe and well
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 9 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council