Bassingbourn pub’s fourth steam fair spectacular is most successful to date
- Credit: Clive Porter
Steam engine enthusiasts alighted at a pub in Bassingbourn at the weekend for their annual steam fair spectacular.
Steam at The Hoops is in its fourth year, and landlord Russell Wollaston said it was their most successful event to date.
“It went very well,” Russell said. “We were very fortunate with the good weather and we were at full capacity.”
There was also a bouncy castle, a disco and a raffle and auction with proceeds going to Bassingbourn pensioners.
The rally was such a hit that the wheels are already in motion for the fifth fair in 12 months time.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves,” Russell added. “It takes weeks of hard work to put on an event like this, but we’re already planning for it to go ahead over the same weekend next year.”
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims