Bassingbourn pub’s fourth steam fair spectacular is most successful to date
- Credit: Clive Porter
Steam engine enthusiasts alighted at a pub in Bassingbourn at the weekend for their annual steam fair spectacular.
Steam at The Hoops is in its fourth year, and landlord Russell Wollaston said it was their most successful event to date.
“It went very well,” Russell said. “We were very fortunate with the good weather and we were at full capacity.”
There was also a bouncy castle, a disco and a raffle and auction with proceeds going to Bassingbourn pensioners.
The rally was such a hit that the wheels are already in motion for the fifth fair in 12 months time.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves,” Russell added. “It takes weeks of hard work to put on an event like this, but we’re already planning for it to go ahead over the same weekend next year.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?