Bassingbourn pub’s fourth steam fair spectacular is most successful to date
- Credit: Clive Porter
Steam engine enthusiasts alighted at a pub in Bassingbourn at the weekend for their annual steam fair spectacular.
Steam at The Hoops is in its fourth year, and landlord Russell Wollaston said it was their most successful event to date.
“It went very well,” Russell said. “We were very fortunate with the good weather and we were at full capacity.”
There was also a bouncy castle, a disco and a raffle and auction with proceeds going to Bassingbourn pensioners.
The rally was such a hit that the wheels are already in motion for the fifth fair in 12 months time.
“Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves,” Russell added. “It takes weeks of hard work to put on an event like this, but we’re already planning for it to go ahead over the same weekend next year.”
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'