Bassingbourn crafters raise a toast to one year at the top
- Credit: Archant
A Bassingbourn based craft group has celebrated its first anniversary with an awards ceremony.
Prizes were handed out at the A Crafty Night In event last week for achievements such as most improved crafter and project of the year.
Helen Dunlop, who runs Mummy Duck Designs, set up the group last January and has seen it grow from strength to strength - it now has 16 regular members.
Helen said: “I first started the group in order to give fellow crafters a social place to craft together and exchange ideas, and also to encourage people who wanted to start sewing but didn’t know where to start.
“I didn’t anticipate the fun and friendship I would get from such a fantastic group of ladies.
You may also want to watch:
If you are feeling crafty and are interested in joining the group, email Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation