Bassingbourn crafters raise a toast to one year at the top
- Credit: Archant
A Bassingbourn based craft group has celebrated its first anniversary with an awards ceremony.
Prizes were handed out at the A Crafty Night In event last week for achievements such as most improved crafter and project of the year.
Helen Dunlop, who runs Mummy Duck Designs, set up the group last January and has seen it grow from strength to strength - it now has 16 regular members.
Helen said: “I first started the group in order to give fellow crafters a social place to craft together and exchange ideas, and also to encourage people who wanted to start sewing but didn’t know where to start.
“I didn’t anticipate the fun and friendship I would get from such a fantastic group of ladies.
You may also want to watch:
If you are feeling crafty and are interested in joining the group, email Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts