Bassingbourn crafters raise a toast to one year at the top
- Credit: Archant
A Bassingbourn based craft group has celebrated its first anniversary with an awards ceremony.
Prizes were handed out at the A Crafty Night In event last week for achievements such as most improved crafter and project of the year.
Helen Dunlop, who runs Mummy Duck Designs, set up the group last January and has seen it grow from strength to strength - it now has 16 regular members.
Helen said: “I first started the group in order to give fellow crafters a social place to craft together and exchange ideas, and also to encourage people who wanted to start sewing but didn’t know where to start.
“I didn’t anticipate the fun and friendship I would get from such a fantastic group of ladies.
You may also want to watch:
If you are feeling crafty and are interested in joining the group, email Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks