Bassingbourn couple take a leap to help save stray dogs
- Credit: Archant
A couple from Bassingbourn who adopted a stray dog from Mauritius last year are preparing for the jump of their lives to raise money for an animal charity.
Ellie Sharp and Craig Cole will be taking part in a bungee jump later this month to raise money and awareness for Saving Our Strays (SOS) – Dogs Of Mauritius – a charity which aims to save and rescue stray dogs.
Ellie and Craig were expecting a relaxing holiday a year ago but were left distraught when they witnessed the number of starving and injured dogs on the island.
They were even more shocked to hear about the government’s policy to catch and kill stray dogs roaming the beaches.
It was during the holiday they found stray pooch Bailey and took her to a foster home until she was strong enough to fly back to the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Bailey has now settled in well in her new home in Bassingbourn, but the couple want to save other dogs.
The bungee jump is the couple’s third fundraiser for the Saving Our Strays charity. Last year they organised a charity football match and a yard sale and managed to raise £600.
- 1 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 2 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 3 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 4 5 Great Cambridgeshire places to find a Great British pie
- 5 Make Lunch Royston: Drop-ins back at vital summer holidays support scheme
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
The bungee jump will take place on Sunday, March 22, at Grafham Water, near Huntingdon.
To find out more information, and how to donate, search Saving Our Strays (SOS) – Dogs of Mauritius on Facebook, where the ‘A right to life’ group can also be found.