Bassingbourn couple take a leap to help save stray dogs
- Credit: Archant
A couple from Bassingbourn who adopted a stray dog from Mauritius last year are preparing for the jump of their lives to raise money for an animal charity.
Ellie Sharp and Craig Cole will be taking part in a bungee jump later this month to raise money and awareness for Saving Our Strays (SOS) – Dogs Of Mauritius – a charity which aims to save and rescue stray dogs.
Ellie and Craig were expecting a relaxing holiday a year ago but were left distraught when they witnessed the number of starving and injured dogs on the island.
They were even more shocked to hear about the government’s policy to catch and kill stray dogs roaming the beaches.
It was during the holiday they found stray pooch Bailey and took her to a foster home until she was strong enough to fly back to the UK.
Bailey has now settled in well in her new home in Bassingbourn, but the couple want to save other dogs.
The bungee jump is the couple’s third fundraiser for the Saving Our Strays charity. Last year they organised a charity football match and a yard sale and managed to raise £600.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 3 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 4 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 7 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 8 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 9 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
The bungee jump will take place on Sunday, March 22, at Grafham Water, near Huntingdon.
To find out more information, and how to donate, search Saving Our Strays (SOS) – Dogs of Mauritius on Facebook, where the ‘A right to life’ group can also be found.