Bassingbourn Book Cafe volunteer Hazel cuts cake for 90th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A birthday surprise was the order of the day for a loyal volunteer at the Bassingbourn Book Cafe.
Hazel Lord is usually the one making homemade cakes for the cafe, but on Sunday a cake was created just for her to mark her 90th birthday.
Fellow volunteers sang happy birthday and presented the cake to Hazel at the Bassingbourn Book Cafe’s afternoon tea event at the weekend.
Hazel has been volunteering for the cafe for 11 years,which has been operating three days a week by volunteers since the village library closed.
The library sessions in High Street take place on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays and are financed by fundraising events and the parish council.
You may also want to watch:
The library also receives support from Cambridgeshire County Council.
To find out more, visit www.bassingbourn.org/local-groups/ bassingbourn-book-cafe.
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 More than £2 million in funding set to save leisure centres under threat
- 10 PCC funding boost sees defibrillators installed across Herts