Year 11s from Bassingbourn and Melbourn schools head to proms in style
- Credit: Archant
Villagers turned out in force to celebrate the annual prom for Year 11 students at Bassingbourn Village College.
Hundreds of onlookers lined the school drive to watch the procession of vehicles dropping off their glamorous passengers.
Head of school Vickey Poulter said: "It is always an emotional time when we say goodbye to our senior students.
"To see them all dressed up, on the brink of adulthood is wonderful. The prom is definitely one of the highlights of the BVC calendar."
Melbourn Village College was transformed into 'a night under the stars' for their annual Year 11 Leavers' Prom.
You may also want to watch:
Students arrived in style at the front of college to be greeted by hundreds of cheering spectators. They were served with 'mocktails' from a mobile bar, hired in for the occasion. The dining hall had been decorated with translucent drapes and lights to create a special ambience.
After dinner, students enjoyed the annual awards and danced away the evening with a disco.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
Principal Simon Holmes said: "This was a fitting end to Year 11's time with us. The hard work of the Year 11 prom committee and college staff paid off with an excellent evening which will linger long in the memory."
MVC's Year 11s may have left but there is still a chance to see some of their amazing work - The Plough at Shepreth is staging an exhibition of their GCSE artwork until July 17.