Attempted vehicle break-ins spark investigation in Barrington
- Credit: Archant
There were two separate vehicle break-ins reported in Barrington on Monday.
Police received the first call just after 4am after the first incident in West Green. The second incident was at the other end of the village.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called at 4.22am on Monday with reports of a man trying to break into a car in West Green, Barrington.
“Officers were deployed however the offender was not located.
“We were called again at 3.37pm on the same day with reports of an attempted theft from a Ford Fiesta in Foxton Road, Barrington. It has not been reported that anything was stolen.”
You may also want to watch:
As to whether more incidents were reported that night, police confirmed that no other crimes of that nature were reported.
Anyone with information about these attempted thefts or suspicious activity is urged to report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101. Always dial 999 if a crime is in progress or someone is immediate danger.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing