Attempted vehicle break-ins spark investigation in Barrington
- Credit: Archant
There were two separate vehicle break-ins reported in Barrington on Monday.
Police received the first call just after 4am after the first incident in West Green. The second incident was at the other end of the village.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called at 4.22am on Monday with reports of a man trying to break into a car in West Green, Barrington.
“Officers were deployed however the offender was not located.
“We were called again at 3.37pm on the same day with reports of an attempted theft from a Ford Fiesta in Foxton Road, Barrington. It has not been reported that anything was stolen.”
You may also want to watch:
As to whether more incidents were reported that night, police confirmed that no other crimes of that nature were reported.
Anyone with information about these attempted thefts or suspicious activity is urged to report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101. Always dial 999 if a crime is in progress or someone is immediate danger.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 New care home for Royston unanimously approved