Christmas yarnbombers strike in Barley, Barkway and Great Chishill
- Credit: Archant
Barley yarnbombers have struck again in the village – and further afield in Barkway and Great Chishill too – all in the spirit of Christmas.
The Barley Knitting Group wanted to use their skills to help others again, after last year's yarnbombing success.
They have set up a Just giving page to raise funds for Herts Young Homeless.
The charity's focus is on preventing homelessness - from education in schools and family mediation, through to supporting 16 to 24-year-olds in their first homes or caring for adults who have mental health issues and housing needs.
The group's Alison White said: "If the yarn-bombed post boxes make you smile or even laugh out loud please donate via www.justgiving.com/fundraising/knitbarley2019."
You may also want to watch:
The group - which also had a stall at the village's Christmas market - meets on the second and fourth Wednesday evenings of each month in The Chequers pub.
For more information, email email@example.com.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner