Barley thriller writer launches new book
- Credit: Archant
An author from Barley who has swapped a life working in The City with penning thriller novels is launching a new book.
David N Robinson, who retired at the end of last year from law firm Herbert Smith Freehills, will hold a book signing for his latest novel The Gambit in Great Chishill.
The 57-year-old, whose previous book The Dossier was a best-seller on Amazon, said: “I have always loved writing and always talked about writing a novel.
“I’ve always thought that if you’re the sort of person who says these things then you have got to do it. I’m lucky to have got a lot of support locally.
“I like writing about current things, and I love to research my books thoroughly. I hope people come away feeling the book is very well researched.”
The Gambit is about a London-based Ukranian earning billions from deals denied to fellow Russians. Set in Cambridge and London, the high-octane book features kidnappings and terror threats.
The novel is available as an e-book at www.amazon.in/The-Gambit-Lewis-Thriller-Book-ebook/dp/B00YYN1EZ4.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
The book signing will be held on July 7 at 6pm at the The Pheasant pub in Great Chishill.