Barley thriller writer launches new book
- Credit: Archant
An author from Barley who has swapped a life working in The City with penning thriller novels is launching a new book.
David N Robinson, who retired at the end of last year from law firm Herbert Smith Freehills, will hold a book signing for his latest novel The Gambit in Great Chishill.
The 57-year-old, whose previous book The Dossier was a best-seller on Amazon, said: “I have always loved writing and always talked about writing a novel.
“I’ve always thought that if you’re the sort of person who says these things then you have got to do it. I’m lucky to have got a lot of support locally.
“I like writing about current things, and I love to research my books thoroughly. I hope people come away feeling the book is very well researched.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gambit is about a London-based Ukranian earning billions from deals denied to fellow Russians. Set in Cambridge and London, the high-octane book features kidnappings and terror threats.
The novel is available as an e-book at www.amazon.in/The-Gambit-Lewis-Thriller-Book-ebook/dp/B00YYN1EZ4.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
The book signing will be held on July 7 at 6pm at the The Pheasant pub in Great Chishill.