Barley thriller writer launches new book
- Credit: Archant
An author from Barley who has swapped a life working in The City with penning thriller novels is launching a new book.
David N Robinson, who retired at the end of last year from law firm Herbert Smith Freehills, will hold a book signing for his latest novel The Gambit in Great Chishill.
The 57-year-old, whose previous book The Dossier was a best-seller on Amazon, said: “I have always loved writing and always talked about writing a novel.
“I’ve always thought that if you’re the sort of person who says these things then you have got to do it. I’m lucky to have got a lot of support locally.
“I like writing about current things, and I love to research my books thoroughly. I hope people come away feeling the book is very well researched.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gambit is about a London-based Ukranian earning billions from deals denied to fellow Russians. Set in Cambridge and London, the high-octane book features kidnappings and terror threats.
The novel is available as an e-book at www.amazon.in/The-Gambit-Lewis-Thriller-Book-ebook/dp/B00YYN1EZ4.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
The book signing will be held on July 7 at 6pm at the The Pheasant pub in Great Chishill.