Barley thriller writer launches new book
- Credit: Archant
An author from Barley who has swapped a life working in The City with penning thriller novels is launching a new book.
David N Robinson, who retired at the end of last year from law firm Herbert Smith Freehills, will hold a book signing for his latest novel The Gambit in Great Chishill.
The 57-year-old, whose previous book The Dossier was a best-seller on Amazon, said: “I have always loved writing and always talked about writing a novel.
“I’ve always thought that if you’re the sort of person who says these things then you have got to do it. I’m lucky to have got a lot of support locally.
“I like writing about current things, and I love to research my books thoroughly. I hope people come away feeling the book is very well researched.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gambit is about a London-based Ukranian earning billions from deals denied to fellow Russians. Set in Cambridge and London, the high-octane book features kidnappings and terror threats.
The novel is available as an e-book at www.amazon.in/The-Gambit-Lewis-Thriller-Book-ebook/dp/B00YYN1EZ4.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
The book signing will be held on July 7 at 6pm at the The Pheasant pub in Great Chishill.