Barley gin company has global plans with £600,000 crowdfunding campaign
- Credit: Archant
A Barley-based gin brand has launched a £600,000 crowdfunding campaign to fund ambitious international expansion.
Launched in 2013 by former chartered accountant Stephen Marsh, Pinkster is stocked in more than 500 UK outlets from high street retailers such as Oddbins to a range of pubs, restaurants, hotels, farm shops and independent wine merchants.
Stephen said: “Having started the business from my kitchen table under three years ago, it’s tremendous that we’re now seeking fresh capital to finance growth.
“Our distinctive colour and unusual flavour, coupled with our mischievous marketing, has clearly struck a chord with drinkers looking for a refreshing and quirky alternative.
“As gin sales continue to accelerate globally, we’re now looking to move premises, staff up, provide increased trade support and take the business to the next level. One thing for sure, we’re wedded to the Royston area.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve outgrown our premises in Barley and are eyeing up an exciting local development opportunity with the space to house our burgeoning team and storage facilities.”
The company launched the equity crowdfunding campaign on Growthdeck, which focuses on long-term viable investments – companies must have strong management, realistic business plans and operate in growth sectors.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Gary Robins, co-founder of Growthdeck, says: “Pinkster is an exciting opportunity for crowdfunders to back a stand-out drinks brand in a rapidly expanding market.
“Boutique distilleries and craft brands are enjoying a huge surge in popularity right now, as consumer demand for premium, but less mainstream, products increases.”
The crowd funding campaign is live on www.growthdeck.com with a minimum investment level of £1,000.
Just search for ‘Pinkster’ on the website to get involved.
l More business news, page 14