Barley gin company has global plans with £600,000 crowdfunding campaign
- Credit: Archant
A Barley-based gin brand has launched a £600,000 crowdfunding campaign to fund ambitious international expansion.
Launched in 2013 by former chartered accountant Stephen Marsh, Pinkster is stocked in more than 500 UK outlets from high street retailers such as Oddbins to a range of pubs, restaurants, hotels, farm shops and independent wine merchants.
Stephen said: “Having started the business from my kitchen table under three years ago, it’s tremendous that we’re now seeking fresh capital to finance growth.
“Our distinctive colour and unusual flavour, coupled with our mischievous marketing, has clearly struck a chord with drinkers looking for a refreshing and quirky alternative.
“As gin sales continue to accelerate globally, we’re now looking to move premises, staff up, provide increased trade support and take the business to the next level. One thing for sure, we’re wedded to the Royston area.
“We’ve outgrown our premises in Barley and are eyeing up an exciting local development opportunity with the space to house our burgeoning team and storage facilities.”
The company launched the equity crowdfunding campaign on Growthdeck, which focuses on long-term viable investments – companies must have strong management, realistic business plans and operate in growth sectors.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 Fast and frenetic racing as Cycle Club Ashwell shine at grass track cycling meet
- 6 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 7 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 8 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 9 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
Gary Robins, co-founder of Growthdeck, says: “Pinkster is an exciting opportunity for crowdfunders to back a stand-out drinks brand in a rapidly expanding market.
“Boutique distilleries and craft brands are enjoying a huge surge in popularity right now, as consumer demand for premium, but less mainstream, products increases.”
The crowd funding campaign is live on www.growthdeck.com with a minimum investment level of £1,000.
Just search for ‘Pinkster’ on the website to get involved.
l More business news, page 14