Barley gin company has global plans with £600,000 crowdfunding campaign
- Credit: Archant
A Barley-based gin brand has launched a £600,000 crowdfunding campaign to fund ambitious international expansion.
Launched in 2013 by former chartered accountant Stephen Marsh, Pinkster is stocked in more than 500 UK outlets from high street retailers such as Oddbins to a range of pubs, restaurants, hotels, farm shops and independent wine merchants.
Stephen said: “Having started the business from my kitchen table under three years ago, it’s tremendous that we’re now seeking fresh capital to finance growth.
“Our distinctive colour and unusual flavour, coupled with our mischievous marketing, has clearly struck a chord with drinkers looking for a refreshing and quirky alternative.
“As gin sales continue to accelerate globally, we’re now looking to move premises, staff up, provide increased trade support and take the business to the next level. One thing for sure, we’re wedded to the Royston area.
“We’ve outgrown our premises in Barley and are eyeing up an exciting local development opportunity with the space to house our burgeoning team and storage facilities.”
The company launched the equity crowdfunding campaign on Growthdeck, which focuses on long-term viable investments – companies must have strong management, realistic business plans and operate in growth sectors.
- 1 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 2 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
Gary Robins, co-founder of Growthdeck, says: “Pinkster is an exciting opportunity for crowdfunders to back a stand-out drinks brand in a rapidly expanding market.
“Boutique distilleries and craft brands are enjoying a huge surge in popularity right now, as consumer demand for premium, but less mainstream, products increases.”
The crowd funding campaign is live on www.growthdeck.com with a minimum investment level of £1,000.
Just search for ‘Pinkster’ on the website to get involved.
l More business news, page 14