Barley care home resident enjoys special day out at Barkway Park Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
A resident at a Barley care home has enjoyed an above-par day out by visiting Barkway Park Golf Club.
A resident at a Barley care home has enjoyed an above-par day out visiting Barkway Park Golf Club.
When Margaret House Residential and Dementia Care Home discovered Patrick Thornton used to be a keen golfer, they tried to keep his hobby going with practice putting sessions in the garden.
However, it was clear to staff that Patrick had been pretty good, so activities co-ordinator Lea-Ann Smith contacted Barkway Park to ask if it might be possible for them to bring him along to play a hole or two.
The club were were more than willing to help and had golfer Paul Milne-Smith join him for nine holes.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said: “After a few hesitant shots, it all started coming back to Patrick and he played some great holes. There was a lot of laughter as well as some quite serious competition.
Lea-Ann added: “We can’t thank Barkway Golf Club and Paul enough. While Patrick lives with dementia, it is still possible to have wonderful moments every day.”
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone