New purple uniforms for Barley and Barkway pupils
- Credit: Archant
There’s been a new start in many ways for schoolchildren at Barley and Barkway.
This year the children are in single year groups across the two village first schools – which now make up the Barley and Barkway Federation.
Early Years Foundation Stage and Year 1 are based in Barkway and Year 2, 3 and 4 in Barley.
To launch this new move, both schools now share a new purple uniform, a marriage of the old blue and red uniforms.
Federation headteacher Sharon Brown said: “We want all of our children to make the best possible progress and our new structure means we can offer continuous provision for children from age two to nine in single year groups.
You may also want to watch:
“We are enhancing social and educational opportunities for our children through this regrouping.”
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result