Barkway First School closed
Accident on Newmarket Road as snow hits Crow country
SCHOOLS across Hertfordshire are opening as usual today (Tuesday), despite snowfall overnight.
At time of writing, just two schools across the entire county had announced they would be shut due to the weather, including Barkway First School near Royston.
The other is Preston Primary School, near Hitchin.
The confirmed reason for the closures is unconfirmed as yet, though it is expected to be due to the snowfall.
You may also want to watch:
However, many schools have said they would be monitoring the situation as the day progressed, with more snowfall forecast.
South Cambridgeshire District Council have so far had no reports of closures this morning.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Meanwhile, there was a three car collision on Newmarket Road, Royston, just after 8am.
Road closures were put in place by Herts police, and grit was laid. The road was clear by 9.30am.
The collision involved a yellow Hyundai Amica, a silver Daewoo Matiz and a silver Vauxhall Astra.
Any further news will be posted online at www.royston-crow.co.uk.