Barkway First School closed
Accident on Newmarket Road as snow hits Crow country
SCHOOLS across Hertfordshire are opening as usual today (Tuesday), despite snowfall overnight.
At time of writing, just two schools across the entire county had announced they would be shut due to the weather, including Barkway First School near Royston.
The other is Preston Primary School, near Hitchin.
The confirmed reason for the closures is unconfirmed as yet, though it is expected to be due to the snowfall.
You may also want to watch:
However, many schools have said they would be monitoring the situation as the day progressed, with more snowfall forecast.
South Cambridgeshire District Council have so far had no reports of closures this morning.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 9 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 10 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
Meanwhile, there was a three car collision on Newmarket Road, Royston, just after 8am.
Road closures were put in place by Herts police, and grit was laid. The road was clear by 9.30am.
The collision involved a yellow Hyundai Amica, a silver Daewoo Matiz and a silver Vauxhall Astra.
Any further news will be posted online at www.royston-crow.co.uk.