Barkway First School closed
Accident on Newmarket Road as snow hits Crow country
SCHOOLS across Hertfordshire are opening as usual today (Tuesday), despite snowfall overnight.
At time of writing, just two schools across the entire county had announced they would be shut due to the weather, including Barkway First School near Royston.
The other is Preston Primary School, near Hitchin.
The confirmed reason for the closures is unconfirmed as yet, though it is expected to be due to the snowfall.
However, many schools have said they would be monitoring the situation as the day progressed, with more snowfall forecast.
South Cambridgeshire District Council have so far had no reports of closures this morning.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
Meanwhile, there was a three car collision on Newmarket Road, Royston, just after 8am.
Road closures were put in place by Herts police, and grit was laid. The road was clear by 9.30am.
The collision involved a yellow Hyundai Amica, a silver Daewoo Matiz and a silver Vauxhall Astra.
Any further news will be posted online at www.royston-crow.co.uk.