Barkway First School closed
Accident on Newmarket Road as snow hits Crow country
SCHOOLS across Hertfordshire are opening as usual today (Tuesday), despite snowfall overnight.
At time of writing, just two schools across the entire county had announced they would be shut due to the weather, including Barkway First School near Royston.
The other is Preston Primary School, near Hitchin.
The confirmed reason for the closures is unconfirmed as yet, though it is expected to be due to the snowfall.
You may also want to watch:
However, many schools have said they would be monitoring the situation as the day progressed, with more snowfall forecast.
South Cambridgeshire District Council have so far had no reports of closures this morning.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
Meanwhile, there was a three car collision on Newmarket Road, Royston, just after 8am.
Road closures were put in place by Herts police, and grit was laid. The road was clear by 9.30am.
The collision involved a yellow Hyundai Amica, a silver Daewoo Matiz and a silver Vauxhall Astra.
Any further news will be posted online at www.royston-crow.co.uk.