Barkway First School closed
Accident on Newmarket Road as snow hits Crow country
SCHOOLS across Hertfordshire are opening as usual today (Tuesday), despite snowfall overnight.
At time of writing, just two schools across the entire county had announced they would be shut due to the weather, including Barkway First School near Royston.
The other is Preston Primary School, near Hitchin.
The confirmed reason for the closures is unconfirmed as yet, though it is expected to be due to the snowfall.
You may also want to watch:
However, many schools have said they would be monitoring the situation as the day progressed, with more snowfall forecast.
South Cambridgeshire District Council have so far had no reports of closures this morning.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
Meanwhile, there was a three car collision on Newmarket Road, Royston, just after 8am.
Road closures were put in place by Herts police, and grit was laid. The road was clear by 9.30am.
The collision involved a yellow Hyundai Amica, a silver Daewoo Matiz and a silver Vauxhall Astra.
Any further news will be posted online at www.royston-crow.co.uk.