Barclays present school with £585
PUPILS at Millfield School will soon be able to take to the stage thanks to a donation from Barclays Bank. Barclays presented the school s PTA with a cheque for £585 after agreeing to match money raised at Millfield s Christmas fair. Headteacher Kathy Wil
PUPILS at Millfield School will soon be able to take to the stage thanks to a donation from Barclays Bank.
Barclays presented the school's PTA with a cheque for £585 after agreeing to match money raised at Millfield's Christmas fair.
Headteacher Kathy Willett said: "We're very grateful for this money from Barclays and the PTA, which we are going to use to buy a new stage.
"In the past we have had to borrow staging from other schools when putting on a production, so this will make our lives much easier."
You may also want to watch:
Claire Savage is assistant manager at Barclays in Buntingford, and also a member of the Millfield PTA.
She said: "This donation is part of Barclays' pound for pound scheme, and we are delighted that Millfield will be benefiting from some new equipment.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms