Barclays present school with £585
PUPILS at Millfield School will soon be able to take to the stage thanks to a donation from Barclays Bank. Barclays presented the school s PTA with a cheque for £585 after agreeing to match money raised at Millfield s Christmas fair. Headteacher Kathy Wil
PUPILS at Millfield School will soon be able to take to the stage thanks to a donation from Barclays Bank.
Barclays presented the school's PTA with a cheque for £585 after agreeing to match money raised at Millfield's Christmas fair.
Headteacher Kathy Willett said: "We're very grateful for this money from Barclays and the PTA, which we are going to use to buy a new stage.
"In the past we have had to borrow staging from other schools when putting on a production, so this will make our lives much easier."
Claire Savage is assistant manager at Barclays in Buntingford, and also a member of the Millfield PTA.
She said: "This donation is part of Barclays' pound for pound scheme, and we are delighted that Millfield will be benefiting from some new equipment.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 9 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 10 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner