Barclays present school with £585
PUPILS at Millfield School will soon be able to take to the stage thanks to a donation from Barclays Bank. Barclays presented the school s PTA with a cheque for £585 after agreeing to match money raised at Millfield s Christmas fair. Headteacher Kathy Wil
PUPILS at Millfield School will soon be able to take to the stage thanks to a donation from Barclays Bank.
Barclays presented the school's PTA with a cheque for £585 after agreeing to match money raised at Millfield's Christmas fair.
Headteacher Kathy Willett said: "We're very grateful for this money from Barclays and the PTA, which we are going to use to buy a new stage.
"In the past we have had to borrow staging from other schools when putting on a production, so this will make our lives much easier."
You may also want to watch:
Claire Savage is assistant manager at Barclays in Buntingford, and also a member of the Millfield PTA.
She said: "This donation is part of Barclays' pound for pound scheme, and we are delighted that Millfield will be benefiting from some new equipment.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event