Banyers hotel in Royston set to reopen after being bought by new owners
- Credit: Archant
A boarded-up hotel is set to reopen after it was bought by developers.
The Banyers, in Melbourn Street, Royston, has been sold to Beechdale Homes, who plan to establish it as a high-end hotel, bar and restaurant.
A major refurbishment of the building got underway this week, but an opening date has yet to be finalised.
William Thomas, associate director of estate agents Fleurets, who oversaw the sale, said: “The property has been sold to Beechdale Homes who are planning to create a new high end hotel, bar and restaurant.”
It is thought the Banyers was sold for £800,000.
The grade-two listed building has been closed since December 2012 and has since been targeted by vandals.
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages