Band concert cancelled
A CONCERT in aid of the Mayor of Royston s charity tomorrow evening (Friday) has been cancelled. The Queen s Division Band – which is based at Bassingbourn Barracks – was due to give a Big Band Spectacular concert at Royston Town Hall. But a lack of ticke
A CONCERT in aid of the Mayor of Royston's charity tomorrow evening (Friday) has been cancelled.
The Queen's Division Band - which is based at Bassingbourn Barracks - was due to give a Big Band Spectacular concert at Royston Town Hall.
But a lack of ticket sales means that the event had to be cancelled.
Town clerk Susan Thornton-Bjork said it was "disappointing" that the concert would not be going ahead.
You may also want to watch:
The concert was set to revolve around the glory days of big band music.
Money raised would have been donated to mayor Cllr Lynn Berry's charities, the Old Barn Day Centre in Royston and the Meldreth Manor School.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The concert would have raised cash, too, for the Army Benevolent Fund.