Band concert cancelled
A CONCERT in aid of the Mayor of Royston s charity tomorrow evening (Friday) has been cancelled. The Queen s Division Band – which is based at Bassingbourn Barracks – was due to give a Big Band Spectacular concert at Royston Town Hall. But a lack of ticke
A CONCERT in aid of the Mayor of Royston's charity tomorrow evening (Friday) has been cancelled.
The Queen's Division Band - which is based at Bassingbourn Barracks - was due to give a Big Band Spectacular concert at Royston Town Hall.
But a lack of ticket sales means that the event had to be cancelled.
Town clerk Susan Thornton-Bjork said it was "disappointing" that the concert would not be going ahead.
You may also want to watch:
The concert was set to revolve around the glory days of big band music.
Money raised would have been donated to mayor Cllr Lynn Berry's charities, the Old Barn Day Centre in Royston and the Meldreth Manor School.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
The concert would have raised cash, too, for the Army Benevolent Fund.