Band concert cancelled
A CONCERT in aid of the Mayor of Royston s charity tomorrow evening (Friday) has been cancelled. The Queen s Division Band – which is based at Bassingbourn Barracks – was due to give a Big Band Spectacular concert at Royston Town Hall. But a lack of ticke
A CONCERT in aid of the Mayor of Royston's charity tomorrow evening (Friday) has been cancelled.
The Queen's Division Band - which is based at Bassingbourn Barracks - was due to give a Big Band Spectacular concert at Royston Town Hall.
But a lack of ticket sales means that the event had to be cancelled.
Town clerk Susan Thornton-Bjork said it was "disappointing" that the concert would not be going ahead.
The concert was set to revolve around the glory days of big band music.
Money raised would have been donated to mayor Cllr Lynn Berry's charities, the Old Barn Day Centre in Royston and the Meldreth Manor School.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
The concert would have raised cash, too, for the Army Benevolent Fund.