Baldock undone by two late goals
Baldock Town Templars 1 Broadhall Youth 2 Under-13s Division One BALDOCK Town s first game of the season saw the visit of the deserved current league and cup winners Broadhall Youth. Both the new look Baldock team and their opponents wanted to stamp some
Baldock Town Templars 1 Broadhall Youth 2
Under-13s Division One
BALDOCK Town's first game of the season saw the visit of the deserved current league and cup winners Broadhall Youth.
Both the new look Baldock team and their opponents wanted to stamp some early authority on this season's campaign and to gain some confidence for what will be a very competitive campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The first half saw Baldock dominate and play the kind of passing football people would gladly pay to see, but it was Broadhall who created the first clear cut chance when they forced Connor Hills into a first class point blank save.
Baldock took the lead after Callum Mason held off the defenders to slot the ball past the oncoming coming keeper to give us a much deserved half time lead.
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
The second half was very different as the visitors came out of the traps quickly, yet for all of the pressure they put Baldock under they were often thwarted by some good defending.
Baldock seemed to get a foot hold back in the game and should have made sure of all three points with three clear chances that on another day would have gone in.
However Broadhall had a never-say-die attitude and picked off Baldock with two late goals.