Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- Credit: Sîbel Lä
A five-month-old baby was killed when a van crashed into his pram.
The incident happened at about 3.50pm on the A10, Ely Road, Waterbeach, on Friday when a grey Mazda 2 was in collision with a white Renault Master van.
The van left the road and collided with Rachel Thorold, 36, of Gibson Close, Waterbeach, who was walking on the pavement with her baby Louis in a pushchair.
Ms Thorold is in a critical but stable condition at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
The driver of the van and the driver of the Mazda suffered slight injuries and remained at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who may have dashcam footage of the collision or moments leading up to it.
Detective Sergeant Mark Dollard, from the Road Policing Unit, said: “This is an extremely tragic and sad incident and our deepest condolences go out to the family of Louis, who are being supported by a specially-trained officer.
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 5 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 6 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 7 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 8 Victim of fatal A10 crash named
- 9 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 10 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
“A thorough investigation will now be conducted by my team and I am seeking help from the public.
“While it is too early to say how the collision happened, I want to remind all road users of their responsibilities to drive with care.”
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 278 of 22 January.