Awards night will be the business
TICKETS are going on sale for the Royston and District Business Awards. And organisers are warning to get them quickly as the next awards won t be held until 2010. Stephen Larcombe, Chairman of the Royston Chamber of Commerce said: The competition has gr
TICKETS are going on sale for the Royston and District Business Awards.
And organisers are warning to get them quickly as the next awards won't be held until 2010.
Stephen Larcombe, Chairman of the Royston Chamber of Commerce said: "The competition has grown into a very large event - so much so that it is taking at least a month of their time from the volunteers on the Chamber Committee.
"They are mostly small business owners, and it is not fair to ask this amount of time from them every year. Therefore, after the Awards this November, the next competition will be run in 2010."
You may also want to watch:
The organisers have planned a glitzy "Night of the Stars" themed ceremony for this years event, which will be held at Royston Town Hall on Thursday November 27. Festivities will begin at 7.30pm with a drinks reception, followed by the awards from 9-10pm and then dancing until 11pm.
Tickets will cost £20, and include a meal provided by Palazzo-a-go-go. They will be on sale from this Saturday, at the Stationery Cupboard in the High Street and WKH Accountants in Kneesworth Street. Companies are welcome to make block bookings for up to eight people.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims