Awards night will be the business
BUSINESSES large and small will benefit from this year s Royston Business Awards. That s according to sponsor and former winner Mike Gowen whose shop, The Stationery Cupboard, has triumphed in the best high street shop category for the last two years. The
BUSINESSES large and small will benefit from this year's Royston Business Awards.
That's according to sponsor and former winner Mike Gowen whose shop, The Stationery Cupboard, has triumphed in the best high street shop category for the last two years.
The Crow launched the 2009 Business Awards, which are being run in association with the Royston and District Chamber of Commerce, earlier this month.
Mr Gowen said: "The thing with the awards is that they recognise the good businesses in the town across all the different sectors of industry.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a really good mixture of shops in Royston. People say they don't bother coming in the town centre because you can't get everything you need, but I think you can usually find a shop selling most things."
Despite their success of the last two years, The Stationery Cupboard will not be entering the best high street shop category this time around.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
"We passionately believe that there are so many good shops in Royston High Street that deserve to be recognised too," said Mr Gowen.
"Instead we're probably going to enter one or two other categories and see how we do."
Alongside The Stationery Cupboard, other leading firms including Johnson Matthey, Tesco, WKH, Barclays Bank, and Meridian Line Travel have signed up as sponsors for this year's awards, which take place at the Banyers Hotel in Royston on Thursday November 19.
Other sponsorship opportunities are also available, while tickets for the event will go on sale on October 1 at a cost of �25 plus VAT.
For more information, contact awards co-ordinator Sarah Scott on 01438 866023, or visit the awards website, www.roystonbusinessawards.co.uk.