Award-winning production coming home
A LOCAL drama group is to bring an award winning production to Royston for the first time.
Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS), will perform Caught in the Act, which won the Best Production award at the Cambridge Drama Festival last month, at Greneway’s School next month.
The comedy production features two characters who wake up in bed together without the slightest recollection of how they got there.
Its stars were also commended at the Festival, with Jordan Worland winning Best Actor and Bernie Parsons picking up a nomination for Best Actress.
CADS secretary Michael Young said, “We’re really proud of the group’s success, and because we realise that many people won’t have been able to see the play in Cambridge, we’ve decided to repeat it for our local audience.”
Caught in the Act will form the first half of a special evening of acts, with the second half showcasing a collection of songs, sketches, poems and readings performed by other members of CADS.
The night has been labelled An Evening of Love by organisers, with all productions themed around love, sex and relationships.
- 1 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 8 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Community Rail Partnership encourages the use of public transport in Community Rail Week
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
“The organisers have put together a great evening mixing comedy, romance and drama and involving over twenty performers,” said Mr Young. “We should mention, though, that the whole evening does include some adult material, so may not be suitable for all ages!”
An Evening of Love takes place at Greneway School on Saturday May 21, from 7.30pm. Tickets cost �7.50 in advance and can be purchased from the CADS box office on 07925 674967.