Award-winning production coming home
A LOCAL drama group is to bring an award winning production to Royston for the first time.
Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS), will perform Caught in the Act, which won the Best Production award at the Cambridge Drama Festival last month, at Greneway’s School next month.
The comedy production features two characters who wake up in bed together without the slightest recollection of how they got there.
Its stars were also commended at the Festival, with Jordan Worland winning Best Actor and Bernie Parsons picking up a nomination for Best Actress.
CADS secretary Michael Young said, “We’re really proud of the group’s success, and because we realise that many people won’t have been able to see the play in Cambridge, we’ve decided to repeat it for our local audience.”
You may also want to watch:
Caught in the Act will form the first half of a special evening of acts, with the second half showcasing a collection of songs, sketches, poems and readings performed by other members of CADS.
The night has been labelled An Evening of Love by organisers, with all productions themed around love, sex and relationships.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
“The organisers have put together a great evening mixing comedy, romance and drama and involving over twenty performers,” said Mr Young. “We should mention, though, that the whole evening does include some adult material, so may not be suitable for all ages!”
An Evening of Love takes place at Greneway School on Saturday May 21, from 7.30pm. Tickets cost �7.50 in advance and can be purchased from the CADS box office on 07925 674967.