Award-winning production coming home
A LOCAL drama group is to bring an award winning production to Royston for the first time.
Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS), will perform Caught in the Act, which won the Best Production award at the Cambridge Drama Festival last month, at Greneway’s School next month.
The comedy production features two characters who wake up in bed together without the slightest recollection of how they got there.
Its stars were also commended at the Festival, with Jordan Worland winning Best Actor and Bernie Parsons picking up a nomination for Best Actress.
CADS secretary Michael Young said, “We’re really proud of the group’s success, and because we realise that many people won’t have been able to see the play in Cambridge, we’ve decided to repeat it for our local audience.”
You may also want to watch:
Caught in the Act will form the first half of a special evening of acts, with the second half showcasing a collection of songs, sketches, poems and readings performed by other members of CADS.
The night has been labelled An Evening of Love by organisers, with all productions themed around love, sex and relationships.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
“The organisers have put together a great evening mixing comedy, romance and drama and involving over twenty performers,” said Mr Young. “We should mention, though, that the whole evening does include some adult material, so may not be suitable for all ages!”
An Evening of Love takes place at Greneway School on Saturday May 21, from 7.30pm. Tickets cost �7.50 in advance and can be purchased from the CADS box office on 07925 674967.