Award-winning interactive doodle show put on stage in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A unique, interactive play will be coming to Royston next Saturday, and it promises to get the whole family drawing, dancing, and storytelling together.
The Doodle Dance Show, created by award-winning performers Anna Williams and Tom Roden, will be put on at Royston Town Hall between 1pm and 2pm and 3 and 4pm.
Claire Somerville, chair of Creative Royston, and a dance project manager, said: “Knowing how fantastic Tom and Anna’s Doodle Dance Show is, I am delighted that we are able to bring it to Royston.
“The show really captures the imagination, and before you know it, you will be dancing and doodling on a giant sheet of paper which has become like a ship sailing on the high seas.
“It will be a treat for everyone who has a young child or two to bring along.”
You may also want to watch:
The Doodle Dance Show is commissioned and produced by Greenwich Dance, co-commissioned by DanceEast and South East Dance, and supported by Arts Council England and The Cambridge Junction. Art material is sponsored by Cass Art.
There will be two performance on Saturday afternoon, each 45-60 minutes long.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Those taking part should be prepared to remove their shoes, use a variety of washable, coloured felt-tip pens and move around the floor, or watch from the side while seated on cushions.
Tickets are £8 full price, £5 for under 16s, senior citizens and those receiving benefits.
You can also get tickets online by visiting the website at www.creativeroyston.org.