Award-winning interactive doodle show put on stage in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A unique, interactive play will be coming to Royston next Saturday, and it promises to get the whole family drawing, dancing, and storytelling together.
The Doodle Dance Show, created by award-winning performers Anna Williams and Tom Roden, will be put on at Royston Town Hall between 1pm and 2pm and 3 and 4pm.
Claire Somerville, chair of Creative Royston, and a dance project manager, said: “Knowing how fantastic Tom and Anna’s Doodle Dance Show is, I am delighted that we are able to bring it to Royston.
“The show really captures the imagination, and before you know it, you will be dancing and doodling on a giant sheet of paper which has become like a ship sailing on the high seas.
“It will be a treat for everyone who has a young child or two to bring along.”
The Doodle Dance Show is commissioned and produced by Greenwich Dance, co-commissioned by DanceEast and South East Dance, and supported by Arts Council England and The Cambridge Junction. Art material is sponsored by Cass Art.
There will be two performance on Saturday afternoon, each 45-60 minutes long.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
Those taking part should be prepared to remove their shoes, use a variety of washable, coloured felt-tip pens and move around the floor, or watch from the side while seated on cushions.
Tickets are £8 full price, £5 for under 16s, senior citizens and those receiving benefits.
You can also get tickets online by visiting the website at www.creativeroyston.org.