Award-winning interactive doodle show put on stage in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A unique, interactive play will be coming to Royston next Saturday, and it promises to get the whole family drawing, dancing, and storytelling together.
The Doodle Dance Show, created by award-winning performers Anna Williams and Tom Roden, will be put on at Royston Town Hall between 1pm and 2pm and 3 and 4pm.
Claire Somerville, chair of Creative Royston, and a dance project manager, said: “Knowing how fantastic Tom and Anna’s Doodle Dance Show is, I am delighted that we are able to bring it to Royston.
“The show really captures the imagination, and before you know it, you will be dancing and doodling on a giant sheet of paper which has become like a ship sailing on the high seas.
“It will be a treat for everyone who has a young child or two to bring along.”
You may also want to watch:
The Doodle Dance Show is commissioned and produced by Greenwich Dance, co-commissioned by DanceEast and South East Dance, and supported by Arts Council England and The Cambridge Junction. Art material is sponsored by Cass Art.
There will be two performance on Saturday afternoon, each 45-60 minutes long.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Those taking part should be prepared to remove their shoes, use a variety of washable, coloured felt-tip pens and move around the floor, or watch from the side while seated on cushions.
Tickets are £8 full price, £5 for under 16s, senior citizens and those receiving benefits.
You can also get tickets online by visiting the website at www.creativeroyston.org.