Award-winning interactive doodle show put on stage in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A unique, interactive play will be coming to Royston next Saturday, and it promises to get the whole family drawing, dancing, and storytelling together.
The Doodle Dance Show, created by award-winning performers Anna Williams and Tom Roden, will be put on at Royston Town Hall between 1pm and 2pm and 3 and 4pm.
Claire Somerville, chair of Creative Royston, and a dance project manager, said: “Knowing how fantastic Tom and Anna’s Doodle Dance Show is, I am delighted that we are able to bring it to Royston.
“The show really captures the imagination, and before you know it, you will be dancing and doodling on a giant sheet of paper which has become like a ship sailing on the high seas.
“It will be a treat for everyone who has a young child or two to bring along.”
The Doodle Dance Show is commissioned and produced by Greenwich Dance, co-commissioned by DanceEast and South East Dance, and supported by Arts Council England and The Cambridge Junction. Art material is sponsored by Cass Art.
There will be two performance on Saturday afternoon, each 45-60 minutes long.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
Those taking part should be prepared to remove their shoes, use a variety of washable, coloured felt-tip pens and move around the floor, or watch from the side while seated on cushions.
Tickets are £8 full price, £5 for under 16s, senior citizens and those receiving benefits.
You can also get tickets online by visiting the website at www.creativeroyston.org.