Award-winning interactive doodle show put on stage in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A unique, interactive play will be coming to Royston next Saturday, and it promises to get the whole family drawing, dancing, and storytelling together.
The Doodle Dance Show, created by award-winning performers Anna Williams and Tom Roden, will be put on at Royston Town Hall between 1pm and 2pm and 3 and 4pm.
Claire Somerville, chair of Creative Royston, and a dance project manager, said: “Knowing how fantastic Tom and Anna’s Doodle Dance Show is, I am delighted that we are able to bring it to Royston.
“The show really captures the imagination, and before you know it, you will be dancing and doodling on a giant sheet of paper which has become like a ship sailing on the high seas.
“It will be a treat for everyone who has a young child or two to bring along.”
You may also want to watch:
The Doodle Dance Show is commissioned and produced by Greenwich Dance, co-commissioned by DanceEast and South East Dance, and supported by Arts Council England and The Cambridge Junction. Art material is sponsored by Cass Art.
There will be two performance on Saturday afternoon, each 45-60 minutes long.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
Those taking part should be prepared to remove their shoes, use a variety of washable, coloured felt-tip pens and move around the floor, or watch from the side while seated on cushions.
Tickets are £8 full price, £5 for under 16s, senior citizens and those receiving benefits.
You can also get tickets online by visiting the website at www.creativeroyston.org.