Award-winning exhibition returns to Foxton
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning exhibition returns to a South Cambs village next weekend, and organisers are predicting that it will be better than ever.
Foxton’s annual art exhibition – which won the South Cambs District Council Arts Award in 2012 – grows year on year, in both size and reputation.
This year’s event will feature a total of 70 exhibiting artists, and more than 400 works of art.
There will be a huge variety of artwork on show, from photography to oil painting, giclee – images created using inkjet printers – to glassware, wood-turning and watercolour.
There will also be plenty of prints, textiles, jewellery and cards with a wide range of price tags to boot.
Jane Price, one of the exhibition organisers, said: “We hope to receive a large number of visitors over the weekend.
“Last year we welcomed around 400 guests and we hope our exhibition will be just as popular again this year.”
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 8 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
Guests are invited to the preview evening next Friday, November 13, from 7.30pm until 9.30pm.
They will have a chance to view and reserve special pieces of work by the local artists involved.
It will also be an opportunity to meet some of the exhibiting artists and discuss their work.
The weekend-long event will be held in Foxton Village Hall in Hardman Road with exhibits being displayed in two large gallery-style rooms.
All proceeds will be put back into the community and will be used to support Foxton Primary School.
The money will provide the pupils with arts education materials and resources with an emphasis on encouraging and developing artistic ability.
After the preview evening, the exhibition will also be held on Saturday, November 14, from 10.30am until 4pm and on Sunday, November 15, from 11am until 4pm.
Entrance is £2 for adults and free for children.
To find out more about the artists involved in the exhibition and information about the work that will be showcased, visit the website at www.foxtonart.org.