Author books in at Guilden Morden School
TALES of Ka the time-travelling cat enthralled pupils at Guilden Morden Primary School. Author Julia Jarman visited the school on Thursday to talk about her work, and read extracts from her books, including latest work, The Time Travelling Cat and the Vik
TALES of Ka the time-travelling cat enthralled pupils at Guilden Morden Primary School.
Author Julia Jarman visited the school on Thursday to talk about her work, and read extracts from her books, including latest work, The Time Travelling Cat and the Viking Terror, which was published in April.
She said: "In the books Ka and her owner, Topher, travel to different time periods in history.
"There is always a link between the past and the present.
"For example, in the latest book, Topher is visiting London and is worried about the threat of a terrorist attack.
"They then travel back in time and meet the Vikings, who many people consider to be the terrorists of their era."
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 3 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 4 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 8 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 10 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
Head teacher Sue Arnold said: "We invited Julia in as part of our Book Week, and it's been a wonderful experience for the children.
"She's spoken to the whole school, and told them about how she writes books and the processes she goes through, and I think they will find that really helpful when they are writing their own stories."
Mrs Jarman, who lives in Cambridge, had her first book published in 1985.
As well as the popular Time Travelling Cat series, she has published titles such as Ghost Writer and The Jessame Stories.
Mrs Arnold said: "The children were very busy during Book Week, producing their own books and a newspaper.
"The week has really showed them the impact books can have, and Julia's visit was a great way to round it off.